VMware Edu & Cert Community
sakthi55
Contributor
Contributor

need path for vcap dcd

hi ,

need your assistance in preparing for vcap dcd, any training institute or study group i can join to prepare for the certification.

I am planning to attend vmware design workshop , however i would like to know is there any institute where I can have lab practise ?

Because I do not have any real time experience in designing ,so would like to have more real time exposure before certification

Any assitance would be of great help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoshuaAndrewsVM

There is considerable information in the blueprint.  Each section contains a "Tools" list of items, some with embedded hyperlinks. The tools without a hyperlink all come from the VCAT.  The tools with a hyperlink are not in the VCAT and address the areas not covered by the VCAT.

0 Kudos
MannyS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Institutions offer courses for certifications that are in demand. The DCD isnt in as much demand or as popular as the CCIE/MCSE/CCAA/VCP certs. This is the simple reason why no one runs a course for the DCD.

The Design Workshop while not a bad experience, is greatly dependent on the quality of students attending it. If the majority of folks are only vSphere admins, you will not benefit as much as you would've if the majority were architects/SME's. If you intend to cough up your own money for this training, I suggest you not do it. If your employer pays for it, then perhaps you should go.

I dont have any experience with design either and am studying (reading and labbing) whatever I can lay my hands on. I've posted my resources in the thread, Example questions and resources, in this forum. There are dozens of blogs out there from successful DCD candidates that have listed the resources they used. This is TOUGH exam, given the breadth of the blueprint, but certainly not impossible to pass. People said the DCA wasnt easy either, but I poured hours and hours into prepping for it and passed it easily. In fact, I found the DCA easier than most other exams I've taken (and I have about 15 other certs).

I am taking the DCD early August and will post my experience then. Good luck to you too!

|| VCAP5 - DCA, VCP 5 and a slew of Microsoft certs. || If you find this answer useful, please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful. Thank you.
0 Kudos
MannyS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check this out for design practice >  http://thesaffageek.co.uk/2013/02/12/vcap5-dcd-design-practice/

About the above link: Gregg's started a mock design practice and I'll be up for it when I finish reading my resources (more than half way through). This is the kind of stuff you need to help with prepping for the exam.

|| VCAP5 - DCA, VCP 5 and a slew of Microsoft certs. || If you find this answer useful, please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful. Thank you.
sakthi55
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for valuable suggestions

0 Kudos