VMware Edu & Cert Community
osha2015
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VUE blocked my account and exam will expire next Tuesday

I have an issue with Pearson VUE, they blocked my account: eshass0002, and my VCP exam is going to expire next Tuesday.

I sent them my credit card details and my info on testinginfo@pearson.com  but they are not handling the issue. They just tell me that the issue is now with the finance department and that there is nothing to do to speed up the process.

Is there any other way to take the exam or handle this ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shahed_hasib
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got the chance to inform the vmware community of a very bad thing done by peasonvue. Finance dept. of VUE is not an another entity. They must escalate any kind of candidates problems to the respective dept. or there must have a escalation team who need to provide urgent escalation for supporting the candidates.

Another bad thing they done. they took full credit card information from the candidates who wants to register for the exams of their own. Candidates must complain about it to VISA, Mastercard or other payment operators.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I wonder what the issue is, and why they have "blocked" your account?

If I were you I'd be making some phone calls to Pearson.

Whichever exam you are looking to take, it would have to tie in with your VMware myLearn account for your recertification, perhaps get in touch with the Certification group at VMware? I don't have a phone number for them, but certification@vmware.com is their email.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
osha2015
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i called them 3 times, all they say is that financial department should handle it. nothing to be done!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I am not sure there is anyone at VMware who would be able to help given that the issue is very much with your PearsonVUE account.

I hope things get resolved for you in time for you to take your exam.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
osha2015
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i contacted certifcation@vmware.com as well but no response yet as well

0 Kudos
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

As long as you open a ticket with VMware and Pearson Vue .  There is no way VMware will screw you over with you take the Exam after Tuesday.

I would ensure That VMware has the Ticket number that you open with pearson vue, so they can contact them directly and work out the issues.

This is all between VMware and Pearson Vue

asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ANother option you have

is to create another pearson vue account and link your vmware ID to it

and pay with a different credit card

also you can go to a pearson vue site directly and pay for your exam there

but again... its no fault on your so the expiration date would not apply..vmware is not in the business of screwing people over 🙂

personvue might be however

0 Kudos
shahed_hasib
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got the chance to inform the vmware community of a very bad thing done by peasonvue. Finance dept. of VUE is not an another entity. They must escalate any kind of candidates problems to the respective dept. or there must have a escalation team who need to provide urgent escalation for supporting the candidates.

Another bad thing they done. they took full credit card information from the candidates who wants to register for the exams of their own. Candidates must complain about it to VISA, Mastercard or other payment operators.

0 Kudos
osha2015
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, this is exactly what they did. They asked me for my credit card info to pay for a claimed rejected transaction from January 2010, and I wont be able to track what went wrong with that.

I replied with my below concerns, and no one responded since a week now.

"First of all I don't understand why I haven't received any notification from VUE about that since 4 years.

Now there is no means for me to know where the issue occurred as all my bank accounts are now different, was it the training centre issue or the bank and I don't even remember if I paid this for the centre in cash or used my Visa!

And also banks only keep maximum one year backlog of transactions.

Second, I've already taken about five other exams  after this one and I wasn't even notified when this issue occurred, my account got blocked and this almost resulted in loosing my certificate if VMware hasn't extended the exam deadline.

Third, you are asking me to pay for 110 GBP which will be with the current exchange rate, 4 years ago 1GBP was equal to 8.8 EGP but now its much higher, so I'm paying for your mistake of not notifying me of this issue as it happened.

110 GBP* 8.8 = 968 EGP

110 GBP*11.2= 1232 EGP

Fourth, am I supposed to send my credit card details to the whole mailing list and hope it doesn't get misused ?!

I need a specific person's email to be able to send this info and VUE will be held legally responsible for any misuse that occurs from your side.

I requested this issue to be escalated to higher management which was declined by the customer service and here I am requesting an escalation again. As the slow speed in handling the situation was inconvenient and almost costed me my certificate and now this info is seriously surprising and I have no means of tracking this historical issue.

I hope handling this issue is compliant with the US regulations as the next step will be taking this issue to court to investigate any violation.

"

I need advise how to escalate them

0 Kudos
shahed_hasib
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I want to tell you that we all in this community must raise our voice and have some work on this issue. Asking credit card details from anyone is just a crime and peasonvue is doing this. Most importantly I really surprised that why the call center agents of peasonvue cannot escalate a problem to the next level if they can solve the problem?

I am using multiple credit card. Do I give all of my credit card information to the peasonvue ??..rubbish ..

As all the Banks all over the world which provides credit card to their customers is implementing PCI DSS compliance where any kind of credit card information cannot be preserved without any encryption by the Bank authority , whereas peasonvue asked for the credit card information with all parameters.....bullshit

I will start a thread regarding this issue in this community

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I don't work for the Certification team at VMware, but have asked them about issues related to the locking of accounts by Pearson.

The VMware team can investigate only if a candidate submits a case to them by sending an email to certification@vmware.com with their Candidate ID Number and contact information, so please go ahead and do that.

0 Kudos
osha2015
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I did that before the exam was extended, they informed me that the exam was extened and told me Good luck solving your issue with VUE.

I opened another ticket and waiting for their feedback on it.

I also escalated the issue by contacting higher management in VUE, finance team started responding but they are still not giving much evidence on the case.

0 Kudos
blomoff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you ever get this sorted?

I am having the same issue with Pearson Vue now and their ability to sort this out is absolutely laughable, they don't seem to have a clue how to sort it as its no on the screen in front of them, so they just lie and make things up.

Really need to know how i can go about booking the exam i have been trying to book for 3 weeks now, they are an absolute joke

0 Kudos