VMware Edu & Cert Community
gunsofthepatrio
Contributor
Contributor

VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.1]

Hi Everyone

i have a question

is the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage V5.0 Training a Valid Pre-requisite for The VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V5.1] Training

Appreciate your Responses

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It can be. Depends on what your existing vSphere experience is. If you are entirely a 4.1 shop with plans to upgrade, I'd say go to the ICM 5.1 or Fast Track 5.1.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes. Although VMware list the 5.1 ICM as a pre-requisite for 5.1 O&S, I would also see 5.0 ICM in the same light.

You'll find the 5.1 O&S page here: http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrreg/courses.cfm?ui=www_edu&a=one&id_subject=39046

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
gunsofthepatrio
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You All for your Responses , so if i understand well . the ICM 5.0 is acceptable

once again Thanks a lot , appreciate it

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You don't HAVE to take ICM first, it's just that O&S was written assuming you have.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos