VMware Edu & Cert Community
VMManCo
Contributor
Contributor

VMware VCAP5-DCD Marks

Dear All ,

I Plan to Have VCAP5- Exam in Feb 2014

I see a lot or Books and Articles and Videos and Experience in Exam

I know the total Exam Questions are 100 Questions . from this Questions there are 6 Design Lab Questions

and total Score for Exam 500 Marks

now I want to sure from Point - are there all Question equal same number of marks

for Example : 100 Question /500 = 5 Marks for Each Question

that's means 1 Question = 5 Marks

or the Design Questions equal different number of marks from the Choose Questions

if any one sure from this point Please help me

thanks

VMman Co. Your Gate to VT www.vmman.me
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Like the VCP exams the questions are weighted so they do not count the same

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The scoring system doesn't work like that, all scores are in the range 100-500 - get everything wrong and you'll score 100.

Items are also weighted, so some score more than others. It stands to reason that the design items will be weighted higher than the multiple choice items as they are more challenging.

Don't worry about the scoring, focus on knowing your stuff 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
VMManCo
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for all Replied

but i ask to sure from some info

because one Engineer work in VMware tell me the 6 Design Questions equal 60% from Score of Exam and 94 choose Questions equal = 40% only

i think it's very important info for every one plan to take this Exam

if any one have other info about this please share with us

------------

now if any one can help us - if have any Simple of Design Questions to try solve it

i see the Simple one from VMware - if you have other one please send it to us

thanks for all

VMman Co. Your Gate to VT www.vmman.me
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check the exam blueprint for the information VMware publish publicly on the exam scoring.

There are some excellent resources online which will help you, here's a few examples:

http://imallvirtual.com/?page_id=718

VCAP5-DCA & DCD | TheSaffaGeek

http://nickmarshall.com.au/vcap5-dcd-study-guide/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos