VMware Edu & Cert Community
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VDCA550 - Question about Blue print

Question 1-

Blue Print Section 1.12 - Exam Environment  - In this section it states vCOPS 5.6 Foundation will be available in the exam but under  Objectives - I do not see it stated anywhere that we will be tested on this.  Can someone clarify if we will be tested on this or how vCOPS will be relevant for the exam

Question 2

Under the objectives section 5.3 - Manage vCenter Inventory

Apply vSphere Tag  / Search vSphere Inventory - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4BOKD0CBsA   - Is this what there talking about?

Troubleshoot the Vsphere Inventory infrastructure -    Where would i get more details on this???

Question 3

Is auto deploy and custom images really gone from this exam?

3 Replies
JoshuaAndrewsVM

vCOPS is installed in the environment and could be referenced in the troubleshooting or performance questions.  It's not a focus area and thus doesn't appear explicitly in the blueprint.

yes. 

vSphere 5.5 Documentation Center

(if that link doesn't go anywhere directly useful use the search feature for "tags" / "using tags" / "tagging objects")

they are no longer a focus item but could be included in the Objective 7.1 – Execute VMware Cmdlets and Customize Scripts Using PowerCLI

dsohayda
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was wondering about objective 5.3 as well. I'd hate to miss something simple, but I'd also hate to waste valuable study time on something meant to be basic that I already understand.

The documentation linked above goes to PowerCLI scripting examples that I would hope they would clearly reference in the blueprint if that's what they meant. Otherwise all I could find were these references http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-55/index.jsp#com.vmware.vsphere.vcenterhost.doc/GUID-E8E854DD-AA97-4E...

so setting up autodeploy using powerCLI, which is mostly how you'd do it, could show up as objective 7.1 on the VDCA550? ugh

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

Yes, your link looks pretty good to me.

I posted the PowerCLI link as that's much easier and faster then navigating the web client. 

0 Kudos