VMware Edu & Cert Community
asrarguna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VDCA510 Results

Hi All,

I sat in my VCAP5-DCA exam on 5th June 2013. If I am not wrong, we should get the result within 15 days. I sent an email to certification@vmware.com and got the reply that I will be notified of my results in 30 business days. When did the result declaration time change from 15 days to 30 days?

My VMware Case Number is: 13338928206. Can anybody please confirm whether it takes that long for the result of VCAP5-DCA exam?

Thanks - AG

19 Replies
MannyS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Apparently they are busy with the VCAP-CID and CIA exams. A mate of mine sat the DCA and got the same email as you did.

I know it's difficult to wait that long and dont see why we are made to wait that long, exams like the CCIE lab are graded the same day - why it takes VMware so much longer is a mystery, Ah well, you got to wait.

P.S Try emailing Randy Becraft at VMware, the most helpful person around at VMware.

|| VCAP5 - DCA, VCP 5 and a slew of Microsoft certs. || If you find this answer useful, please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful. Thank you.
0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would suggest not emailing Randy right now as he is dealing with some personal family issues right now.

Our exams are manually marked and reviewed. This is to help ensure that if simple things like names and such do not deduct points. AG, please email me directly at lbourque@vmware.com and we'll see if we can get you your score. Have you double checked your Pearson account to see if it's been updated?

MannyS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@lbourque, got a question for you please mate. I just checked my Pearson account and the status of my VCAP5 - DCA still shows up as "Taken". I passed it 2 months ago. Are Pearson being slack or something? Not that the update in Pearson bothers me, I just thought I'd bring it up while I had your attention to this thread.

|| VCAP5 - DCA, VCP 5 and a slew of Microsoft certs. || If you find this answer useful, please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful. Thank you.
0 Kudos
asrarguna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi lbourque,

I have emailed you on your id with all the details. I check my pearson account daily and it shows the status as "taken".

Thanks for your concern and I appreciate you taking it up personally.

Kind Regards - AG

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't think your PearsonVUE status will change as it's VMware who mark/score the DCA exam, rather than it being done by the PearsonVUE testing software.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
asrarguna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Scott,

But my other exams like VCP3 and VCP5 show pass next to them and VCAP-DCA shows taken. Maybe pearsonvue change the status only after vmware updates the transcript. No idea.

AG

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

VCP exams are scored by the PearsonVUE testing software at the time of completion - it's their systems that tell VMware you've passed, but the VCAP-DCA exams are scored by a person at VMware and nobody from PearsonVUE is involved in that process - that's exactly my point.

All my certifications are on my VMware transcript on vmware.com, but my VCAP-DCA only shows as "taken" on my exam history on pearsonvue.com.

You will get an email from VMware with your VCAP-DCA result once it's been scored by them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
pravin_utekar12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi asrarguna,

Dont Worry about the certificate. I received it after 2 months. Just be in touch with the  certification@vmware.com.

VMWare will assign one person from the respective country  and he or she will coordinate with you for the same.

So have patience.

Thanks

PravinU.

0 Kudos
asrarguna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Oh! I am sorry Scott. Didn't think about that:smileysilly:. You are right. Thanks - AG

0 Kudos
Pankaj85
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I gave the exam on 15 June and got my scorecard today 25th June in India. Certification is yet to be added to education transcript and VMWare says it should be in one week of time.

0 Kudos
asrarguna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well I got my score today and I did not pass:smileycry:. I failed by 29 points. I do appreciate the efforts of Linus Bourque lbourque from VMware in helping me out to get my result. You guys do a marvelous job. I will sit in the exam again in 2 weeks. Hope I clear it this time.

Thanks everybody for all your help and advice.

AG

0 Kudos
rafaelinsc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Guys,

I seat for VCAP5-DCA exam in 06/17/2013 and no results. I sent email to certification@vmware.com in 07/09/2013 and no answers. And now? Who can I contact to receive some information about the status of the exam results?

Thanks

Rafael Carneiro

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Rafael,

I'd give it until Monday or Tuesday of next week as I know Certification is swamped right now. If you still don't hear anything from certification@vmware.com by Monday/Tuesday, send me a copy of that email, your details (the ones that you use for taking the exam) and I'll see what I can find out. I can be reached at lbourque@vmware.com

0 Kudos
RandyBee
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for covering for me various and assorted colleagues. Josh pointed this string out to me. I'm shocked that you would be receiving 30-day notices! Could someone please provide me a PDF or screen shot or something that shows this so I can follow up? That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Randy

0 Kudos
rafaelinsc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Guys,

I received my score on last friday! I passed on  VCAP5-DCA with 456!

Thanks for help!

Att, Rafael Carneiro

vHaridas
Expert
Expert

Congratulations.

Please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" replies. Thanks....!!! https://vprhlabs.blogspot.in/
0 Kudos
AndySimmons
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Congrats! Out of curiosity, what was your number? I've heard rumors that they've stopped giving out numbers in the 2000-3000 range and were matching VCP numbers now... was curious if that was true. I'm still waiting on mine.

-Andy VCAP5-DCA, VCP-DV 4/5, MCSE, space camp graduate.
0 Kudos
rafaelinsc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Andy,

I got VCAPDCA-2548 and VCAPDCD-2401(02/2013)

Did you received your number? Can you share?

Att, Rafael Carneiro

AndySimmons
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks! I just sat the DCA exam last week, so I think it'll be a while before I get the official report, but I'll let you know. DCD is next month. Smiley Happy

-Andy VCAP5-DCA, VCP-DV 4/5, MCSE, space camp graduate.
0 Kudos