VMware Edu & Cert Community
darekp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP6-DCV Delta or VCP65-DCV Delta for extending VCP6?

Hi there,

Currently i have valid VCP6-DCV Certificate (2V0-621 Passed Exam), but it will expire soon.

Im wondering which exam shoul I take, to extend me cerfitication for next 2 Years?

I should take VCP6-DCV Delta 2V0-621D or VCP65-DCV Delta 2V0-622D?

Or it doesn't matter with exam i choose?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you already have VCP6-DCV, then you don't have the option of taking the 2V0-621D because that's only available to valid VCP5.5-DCV holders. Your only option is to take the 6.5 Delta exam at this point.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you already have VCP6-DCV, then you don't have the option of taking the 2V0-621D because that's only available to valid VCP5.5-DCV holders. Your only option is to take the 6.5 Delta exam at this point.

darekp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Im also holder of VCP5-DCV, i could choose both of those exams in Pearson VUE.

Thats why im wondering which exam should i choose 🙂

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's probably a mistake then. If you hold VCP6-DCV you can't then take a delta exam for the same level. It's kind of like taking the same exam twice.

darekp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I was thinking the same way, but I wanted to be sure.

Thx

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You cannot recertify by achieving the same certification you already hold - so the obvious option is 2V0-622D which would give you VCP6.5-DCV while also recertifying your VCP6-DCV.

Path 1 here: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

PearsonVue's system does not include or exclude you from taken any given exam (with a few exceptions). You should always refer to the certification web page to ensure you meet the requirements/pre-req's for the certification before registering for any exam.

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
0 Kudos