VMware Edu & Cert Community
williambiiiii
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP-DCV 2020 needed as a prereq for VCAP-DCV 2020?

Hi all,

I am currently gearing up to take the VCAP-DCV 2020 exam hopefully before the summer. I successfully passed the VCP-NV & DCV 2019 exams last April / May. It appears from the VCAP cert page that the VCP-DCV 2020 exam is needed as a prerequisite for the VCAP exam. Arent my VCP 2019 exams sufficient as a prerequisite without have to take the VCP-DCV 2020 exam? Seems a bit redundant to me.

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 22.52.13.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

IMO this is a bug on the web site.

According to the site, even someone already holding the VCP-DVC 2020 would need to earn that again (see screenshot)!?

As mentioned before, contact the VMware Certification team regarding this.

Maybe scott28tt​ can forward this to the team that's responsible for the web site.

André

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

I checked and it looks like you're right. Try calling vmware support. In this link there are telephone numbers (https://www.vmware.com/education-services/training/contact-us.html) and ask for explanations.

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

IMO this is a bug on the web site.

According to the site, even someone already holding the VCP-DVC 2020 would need to earn that again (see screenshot)!?

As mentioned before, contact the VMware Certification team regarding this.

Maybe scott28tt​ can forward this to the team that's responsible for the web site.

André

pastedImage_0.png

Techstarts
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

a.p.

You are right it is bug.

When I check the for design exam, I do not get this choice.

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
williambiiiii
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the info guys. I reached out to VMware Cert Ops just to be 100% sure. Here is their reply.

Screenshot 2020-01-13 at 19.05.17.png

maslow
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You can also check in the "Certification Manager" in the "Certification Catalog" which prerequisites must be met and which exams will count twords new certifications Smiley Happy

Very much more helpful than the pages you mentioned Smiley Wink

0 Kudos