VMware Edu & Cert Community
pdirmann01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCIX Head Count

Team:

Question - I've seen the maps that VMware puts out with the number of VCP and VCAPs worldwide and broken down by country, and we obviously know the number of VCDXs from the vcdx.vmware.com site. Is there a stat that tells you how many VCIXs there are? Just curious how that number differs from the VCAP map since it doesn't differentiate between Design, Deploy, or both. 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don’t recall ever seeing those metrics published.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
pdirmann01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, @scott28tt. I assume there's no way for us to get that stat, right? Just curious to know the difference between tiers of certifications.

0 Kudos
pdirmann01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Actually found this reply to the same ask from Andy Honl.

https://blogs.vmware.com/education/2021/02/01/vcps-and-vcaps-around-the-world-are-you-on-the-map/

Andy Honl

Hi Brian, We have been posting the certification numbers for the various certifications. Check out our new VCDX post with those numbers. We will look into potentially running the numbers for badges. Badges are typically stepping stones towards the various certifications, so up until now, we have been focused on the big rocks!

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you were interested in the broader numbers, you should have said - I have this post on my blog which links to the VCP, VCAP and VCDX infographics: http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com/2021/02/vcps-and-vcaps-around-world-2021-edition.html?m=0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
pdirmann01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That previous post was just for reference referring to the part where others (recently) asked for VCIX stats and Andy replied saying they haven't been looking at badges/milestones, only certifications. 

0 Kudos
JaSo2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

According to info from VCAP Deploy session on latest Empower, there is around 7k of VCIX people in the world.

J.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'm surprised it's that high given that there are about 16k VCAPs.

0 Kudos
pdirmann01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wow. Awesome. Thanks for the follow up on this.

0 Kudos
niyijr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I agree with @pdirmann01. It will be great to see an infographic on VCIX's around the world. It will help with bragging rights. 😊