VMware Edu & Cert Community
Yankora
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCAP5-DCV Exam changes!

Gurus, I have  a question regarding the VCAP5-DCV exam. As you know VMware released a new certificate exam VCP5.5 for ESXi 5.5.

Will the same be applied to VCAP5-DCV as i am preparing all my studies based on ESXi5.1 and as you know ESXi5.5 is different in many aspects.

The latest blueprint v2.8 is not mentioning anything about ESXi5.5 and to be honest i am also confused about whether the exam lab is running ESXi5.0 or ESXI5.1

Another question for those who passed the exam, Will there be those type of questions that force you to use esxcli instead of normal vSphere client interface. How many questions (or a percentage of overall questions) are asked  to be configured in CLI?

Thanks a lot

Mohammed Salem

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The current lab environment/exam is built on 5.0 but the assigned tasks are also applicable to 5.1, so you can prepare using either of those versions.

Even when a 5.5 version exists it will likely co-exist alongside the current exam for a while, like has been the case for VCP5-DCV - the old exam for that is VCP510 and the new one is VCP550 and people can take either at the moment.

You are given tasks to do but not told how to do them or what tools to use, so for some items you can use whatever tool you want (GUI or CLI) whilst for other items the task can only be accomplished using one particular interface (CLI, or a PowerCLI script)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The current lab environment/exam is built on 5.0 but the assigned tasks are also applicable to 5.1, so you can prepare using either of those versions.

Even when a 5.5 version exists it will likely co-exist alongside the current exam for a while, like has been the case for VCP5-DCV - the old exam for that is VCP510 and the new one is VCP550 and people can take either at the moment.

You are given tasks to do but not told how to do them or what tools to use, so for some items you can use whatever tool you want (GUI or CLI) whilst for other items the task can only be accomplished using one particular interface (CLI, or a PowerCLI script)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Yankora
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks A lot Scott Smiley Happy Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos