VMware Edu & Cert Community
White_AUS
Contributor
Contributor

VCAP5-DCD

Greetings.

Does anyone know when VCAP5-DCD beta exam will be released?

OR has it already been released and I've missed the boat?

Thanks.

Shane

0 Kudos
68 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There's no formal release date set at this time, my understanding is that it will be some weeks before we learn of the date.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

No info yet... and also for -DCA exam.

For VCAP4 first was released the DCA and (some months later) the DCD.

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
needmorstuff007
Contributor
Contributor

I got an invite today.. anyone know the UK locations for the beta - I really dont want to have to go to London again.

Dear gary ford,

You have been identified as a qualified candidate for the new VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Datacenter Design certification, VCAP5-DCD, and are being invited to participate in the exam beta program.  This beta is open only to VCAP4-DCDs.  Registration requires authorization.  An authorization has been issued for you.  It is not transferable.  Do not forward this invitation to others.

The beta exam will be available from February 13th, 2011 through March 2nd, 2011. Registration Opens on Friday, February 10, 2012

VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 VCAPDCD-111 VCAPDCA-219
0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

Location are probably the same as VCAP and VCP-DT exams.

0 Kudos
needmorstuff007
Contributor
Contributor

well for the dcd beta I did for v4 i had to go to London - for the live exam for dca I was able to go to my local Global Knowledge in leeds.. so heres hoping.

VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 VCAPDCD-111 VCAPDCA-219
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

VCAP5-DCD is in BETA from Feb 13th till Mar 2nd 2012 and the exam can be booked from 10th Feb 2012

At PEX 2012 the exam can be given free with the invite.

Only VCAP4-DCD is invited to give the BETA for VCAP5-DCD

The invitation email has the link of blueprint for the Exam.

0 Kudos
White_AUS
Contributor
Contributor

I got an invite as well.

I'l also waiting to find out where testing centres are, as I'm in Australia.

I'm located in Melbourne, but I was advised that VCAP4 exams were now available in Melbourne. I'm hoping that the beta VCAP5-DCD exam is also in Melbourne, otherwise I'll be heading for Sydney.

At least it's only an hour flight away.

Shane.

0 Kudos
HeineD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I also recieved the invite, and I am hoping to do the exam.

One thing, I have been too busy to take the VCP5, so I only have Vsphere4 certifications.

Will I have to take the VCP5 before I take the VCAP5-DCD Beta?

Of course, I have both the VCAP4s, and it seems strange that I would get an invite for the beta exam if I don't have the necessary prerequisites...

Anyone...?

0 Kudos
White_AUS
Contributor
Contributor

I actually recall reading somewhere that if you pass the VCAP5-DCD, you also get the VCP5 accreditation as well if you haven't already sat it (two for the price of one). Perhaps someone else can confirm that.

If you received the invite to sit the beta, then you already meet the prerequisites.

Shane.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Nothing has been confirmed as to whether a VCAP4 will also be granted VCP5 by gaining a VCAP5. I don't think it's safe to assume that will be the case just because DCD4 holders are receiving DCD5 invitations in spite of not having VCP5. There are so few DCD4 holders that it might have been too small a sample of beta exams if they restricted the DCD5 beta to DCD4+VCP5 holders.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
simonhamiltonwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Right, I'd love to see that happen, that's how the Cisco exams work, but for it to work the VCAP tests would have to arrive before the VCP upgrade period expires - which didn't happen this time round and who knows whether it will next time either - we're all at the mercy of VMware's release schedule.

I cleared VCP 5 today, and will book the DCD beta if there's a slot available within a few hours of here, not confident there will be though...

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Those of you that have received the beta exam invitation are now aware of information that is not yet publicly available. Please refrain from posting such information from the beta exam blueprint to the forums.

Thanks,

Scott.

0 Kudos
ngchunchit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott, do you know is VMware going to reset the number for the VCAP5 DCA/DCD or we continue to use the same VCAP4 DCA/DCD number? Or is it too early to say? Thank you.

0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

There is no need to reset the numbers... I'm quite sure that they will make the same of VCP and VCDX

0 Kudos
sakibpavel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I love to hearing that VMware going to reset the number for the VCAP5 DCA/DCD.

Sakibpavel
0 Kudos
ngchunchit
Contributor
Contributor

anyone taken the beta?

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I am scheduled for this tuesady - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
White_AUS
Contributor
Contributor

And I'm scheduled for Wednesday afternoon.

At least I have more time to prepare for this one than the VCAP4 version!.

Shane.

0 Kudos
ngchunchit
Contributor
Contributor

I am scheduled for tomorrow afternoon 20 Feb.

0 Kudos