VMware Edu & Cert Community
White_AUS
Contributor
Contributor

VCAP5-DCD

Greetings.

Does anyone know when VCAP5-DCD beta exam will be released?

OR has it already been released and I've missed the boat?

Thanks.

Shane

0 Kudos
68 Replies
hnehnes
Contributor
Contributor

scheduled for tomorrow 21st

0 Kudos
ngchunchit
Contributor
Contributor

Finished the beta exam 30 minutes ago. Need to wait for the result.

Good luck to everyone going to take the exam.

0 Kudos
slaclair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

sakibpavel wrote:

I love to hearing that VMware going to reset the number for the VCAP5 DCA/DCD.

Sakibpavel

Is this actually confirmed?

I'm scheduled on the 28th.

VCAP5-DCD/DCA/CIA, VCA4-DT
0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi

No it's not confirmed, i also don't think they will reset them just like they haven't reset the VCP numbers.

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
dconvery
Champion
Champion

Took mine at PEX.

My VMware VCAP5-DCD BETA Exam Experience

Dave Convery, VCDX-DCV #20 ** http://www.tech-tap.com ** http://twitter.com/dconvery ** "Careful. We don't want to learn from this." -Bill Watterson, "Calvin and Hobbes"
0 Kudos
TomasFojta
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Took the beta exam and blogged my 5 cents here: http://wp.me/pG062-5X

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Just got back from my beta exam - very throrough took me the entire 4 hours - my brain hurts - :smileyconfused:

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
hnehnes
Contributor
Contributor

Did the exam yesterday and wonder why the printout says that I did not answer some questions. Did someone else had a similar problem? I am sure that I answered every question.

Two or three questions had answers where a and d and b and c where identical and some text was cutted of at the end of text boxes. Everything else was comparable to v4.

0 Kudos
ngchunchit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi hnehnes, I got the same in the printout.

I am not sure whether i answer correcty because not able to read the question entirely. (cutted text)

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I saw the same thing - hopefully you both commented so they can be corrected - 

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
hnehnes
Contributor
Contributor

I commented on every spelling error, cutoff, ... that I saw and today I wrote an email to certification to inform them about missing questions problem. I will post when they answer.

0 Kudos
White_AUS
Contributor
Contributor

I sat the exam yesteday afternoon.

Also saw errors in the questions, with some options being cut off and in another question, out of 4 choices, two were identical.

Now I get to wait like everyone else who has done this.

Shane.

0 Kudos
ekerdman
Contributor
Contributor

I took the beta on Saturday. One worrying thing I noticed is that if you go back to a question where that designed tool was used, your input is not there! I really hope it was actually saved, just not retrieved correctly. However, looking at the long list of questions that I "skipped", I'm wondering if all of our designs didn't get saved and that's why the system reported "missed" questions.

What do you guys think?

0 Kudos
hnehnes
Contributor
Contributor

That would at least make sense why so many questions are marked... VMware did not answer my mail until now. Hopefully we do not need to do the test again. I needed to travel 600 km to the next testing center as the centers in Berlin and Hamburg are not allowed to deliver the VCAPs anymore.

0 Kudos
ekerdman
Contributor
Contributor

I agree. Hopefully they will drop all the unsaved questions and just calculate the score based on the remaining ones.

It's funny, I keep reading on the internet things like "if only I had a Pearson center closer" or "I had to plan a weekend trip to take VC(A)P" and such. I live in NYC area It didn't even occur to me that it me that it may be hard for some people to take the test. I was choosing between 5 test centers within 20 minutes from my home Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
simonhamiltonwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I know.  I live in Los Angeles, but there's no Pearson Professional center, so I have to go 13 miles north or south - which if I had a car would be easy enough, though renting one isn't painful.

0 Kudos
hnehnes
Contributor
Contributor

I also thought Berlin should not be a problem as I took my dcd 4 in the city. For dca 4 some months later Berlin was not allowed anymore. For dcd5 I searched and found a seat in Frankfurt at Pearsons but the told me that say have now free seats at that time as there only have 4 seats for all tests togehter 😞 so the next one was Stuttgart. I am wondering why VMware closes testing locations for vcap and allows it for vcp...

0 Kudos
simonhamiltonwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It's because they wanted to guarantee the better resolution monitors, and for DCA access to the remote labs at an acceptable bandwidth.  But yes it's annoying how few centers and seats there are - my local 2 are usually booked months in advance - I'm taking DCD tomorrow, the first date that was available.

0 Kudos
hnehnes
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck and fingers crossed that the missed questions problem is solved 😉

0 Kudos
slaclair
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sat in on this exam today.  It doesmt seem much different from the v4 exam at all, almost like it had some of the same exact questions. The next 8 weeks waiting for the results are going to eat me alive. I finished the test feeling as confident as I did with the previous; unfortunately, I didn't pass the previous one with a huge margin.

Either way it's fun material and I enjoy the content, nothing left to do but anxiously await the email one result or the other.

VCAP5-DCD/DCA/CIA, VCA4-DT
0 Kudos