VMware Edu & Cert Community
ekos
Contributor
Contributor

VCAP5-DCD exam, which version is being tested?

Hi,

I'm planning on studying for the VCAP5-DCD exam, but which version is tested on the exam? vSphere 5.0, 5.1 or is it already 5.5?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Download the blueprint and see what version is either stated in there, or which version the documentation links in the blueprint point to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
ekos
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Scott. In the blueprint you don't find a version number but the documentation links point to version 5.0 docs.

0 Kudos
arunrj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I took the exam on Nov 19 and the exam was based on a combo of 5.0 and 5.1 versions.

0 Kudos
MannyS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yep, the exam just says 5.x . There was a thread a while back and someone from VMware said they'll upgrade the exam to 5.5 in Feb/March. Maybe Josh can confirm?

|| VCAP5 - DCA, VCP 5 and a slew of Microsoft certs. || If you find this answer useful, please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful. Thank you.
0 Kudos