VMware Edu & Cert Community
asrarguna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCAP5 DCA (VDCA510) has been postponed by VMware for all candidates

Hello All,

I sat for my VDCA510 exam on 12 September 2013 but the Lab hung up on me. Finally after my test center admin spoke to pearsonvue, they cancelled the exam. I contacted vmware and they informed me that pearsonvue will reschedule my exam. I had to calll pearsonvue united states, Dubai and UK to get an update on my rescheduling. Finall my exam was cancelled, money was refunded and i payed again to reschedule the exam. The only date available for the exam was 8th Oct 213.

Today i went for my VDCA510 exam. It started and i completed the survey. After survey finished, the error came up on the screen saying the test is invalid. We again called pearsonvue who took remote of the pc and started the exam again. Again after survey was complete, same error came up. Pearsonvue spoke to vmware and the representative from VMware informed them that VMware has cancelled the VCAP5 DCA (VDCA510) exam for all the candidates. All the candidates who had their VCAP exam scheduled have been notified about this by email. However I never got any such email. VMware informed that this exam will be available soon and candidates would be notified to reschedule their exam. However candidate has to log an incident with pearsonvue.

I was wondering is this true? Has anybody got such email that the exam has been postponed for all candidates? I am afraid that I never got such email and I will never get the email confirming when the exam will be available. This time again i couldn't complete the exam and its really hard to wait and then prepare again.

Can anyone from VMware confirm if this is true and why the exam has been postponed please? Will the new exam be based on same blueprint or VMware is planning to change it?

Thank You in advance. I really appreciate any input on this.

Kind Regards,

AG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asrarguna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After my exam got cancelled due to issue with the labs, I sat for the exam again on 17th Dec 2013. Got my result today. I passed Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

8 Replies
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi AG,

Unfortunately the kits are down due to a serious issue where the servers are kept. Once they have been recovered we can reschedule again. It's a postponement and I apologies you haven't received the email. You should have and I'll check into why you didn't. I suspect it was a miss. It's not in preparation for a new exam but rather a technical issue that is severe enough for us to postpone all current admin (hands-on) exams right now.

Again, apologies.

asrarguna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dear Linus,

Thank You once again for your help and concern. I appreciate it.

I just replied to Randy Becraft. I got the email today morning my time and I didn't see it because I was leaving for the exam center. Anyways, I hope the test kits become available soon as I am available for retest until 10th Oct. I am leaving on 10th Oct night and will not be able to take the test until end November after that. I have also informed Randy about that.

You have always been of great help Linus. I can't thank you enough Mate Smiley Happy

Kind Regards,

AG

0 Kudos
Techcom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi linus,

I am about to book for VCAP5 DCA. I hope lab kits are back online.

Should i book for VCAP5 DCA now or wait for your confirmation.

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

You can sign up, that is no problem.  However, you will not be able to sit the exam before Monday.

0 Kudos
ssbkang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Joshua, My exam is on Tuesday next week, 15th of October (NZ time). It's after Monday so I should be able to sit the exam, right? Kind Regards, Steven.

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

Yes, the issue has been resolved.

ssbkang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for the confirmation, I was a bit worried Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
asrarguna
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

After my exam got cancelled due to issue with the labs, I sat for the exam again on 17th Dec 2013. Got my result today. I passed Smiley Happy