VMware Edu & Cert Community
davmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCAP5-DCA Exam Release Time frame?

Folks, I am looking for potential time frame when VCAP5-DCA would get released. The dilemma I am in is this. vSphere5 has been released for more than 5 months now and VCP 5 for a few months as well. Why is there such a delay on VCAP5-DCA? I just completed VCP 5 and am planning for DCA but, don't want to take VCAP4-DCA since I know I will have to upgrade it soon anyways. I looked around major blogs on VMware certifications as well VMware's page of course but could not find much infomation. Can anyone inform us on the month its being planned to get release? beta?

I love Microsoft's way. Whenever they come out with a major release of a product, all other elements are planned in accordance. Like Exchange 2010, Outlook 2010. Windows 7 and Windows 2008. Not to mention books from MS press and other presses as well as certifications. The thing that comes to mind is delay of the excellent storage book from Mostafa Khalil. Mike Laverick's SRM book was delayed as well until 2012. I am being a tad more critical since I have really high hopes from top management of VMware. (sorry for the off topic rant in para - 2).

TIA.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

The first exam they want to deliver is the VCP as it is the basis for just about all other certification tracts so once that focus is directed to the DCA and DCD exams. The issue with the DCA and DCD exams are thay are not just simp[le multiple choice exams but have labs and design exercises included that take longer to develop - The DCD exam just started its Beta persiod which ends March so it should out in the end of March - I would expect to see the DCA exam in April - this is only based on supposition and not on any facts -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If you're only a VCP5 you wouldn't qualify for the VCAP4 exams in any case, your only option would be to wait for the VCAP5 exam releases. DCD is in beta til the beginning or March, there's no news at all yet on DCA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
sabzilla
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently a bunch of the guys at PEX sat the exam yesterday for beta purposes. So yea, to reiterate, just hold on til March/April and you'll have your exam Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
davmware
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, All for your responses. In the meantime preparation can always be done for the new components of vSphere 5 with the older objectives as a baseline. There would be changes in the new exam, but they can't be drastic.

0 Kudos
simonhamiltonwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just for clarification, the beta exam at PEX was the VCAP-DCD5 not the DCA5, guessing the beta for that will be next month or April.

0 Kudos