VMware Edu & Cert Community
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCAP5-DCA Exam Experience

So i took the VCAP5-DCA exam today

I didn't finish the exam, and I am not sure if i passed or not.

Observations

1. I found that even if i don't pass this exam, i learned a lot from taking the exam. It was better then any course, and next time I know I will pass for sure, and I know exactly what my weak spots are.

2. Study everything on the exam.

3. Watch the trainsignal video again the week of your exam. (You won't regret it if you do, and you will regret it if you don't)

4. There is no time to look at the documentation so memorize everything

Hopefully I passed.  If not second time is a charm

8 Replies
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looking at the new VCAP5 exam based on vmware vsphere 5.5

I love the blueprint. So if i need to do the exam again...definitely going for the new exam. 

Only downside is that some parts of the blueprints are not in the unofficial study guides, so will have to do more digging and read more documentation to learn the topics.

Fingers crossed I passed the exam on my first try today

0 Kudos
elihuj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello asurania. The only way I found the documentation to be helpful is to know exactly what you are looking for. If you need to rely on the documentation to setup say Auto Deploy, then you are in trouble. However, if you need to look up an advanced configuration parameter you should be okay. In my studying, I made the same documentation available for reference. I did everything I could as to not rely on it though.

Good luck on your results!

0 Kudos
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Agreed....

Looking at the new blueprint I noticed there Auto Deploy and Image Builder is missing.   Thoughts if this would still fall under powercli in the blueprint.

0 Kudos
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

FYI...

Got my exam marks and i was slightly short of passing the exam.

So here is my strategy

1. Watch the Pluralsight videos again plus Add in Whats new 5.1 and 5.5 videos and powercli

2. Create flashcards for sections which I am weak on so i have those parts memorized for the exam.

3. Go over the new material which is added in the 5.5 blue print .  I also think they are Vmware Educational Videos for those material

So again the exam is easy.    Just need to put in a little more effort like the old university/high school days...to learn and memorize the material....

0 Kudos
crawfordm
Expert
Expert

You need to setup a lab and run through all blueprint topics ...

------------------------------------------------------------------ If you found this answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. Thanks, Marc Crawford CCNA, MCSE, MCTS, A+, Net+, Sec +, VCA-WM, VCA-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-NV, VCP-NV, VCP-DCV, VCP, VCAP5-DCA http://gplus.to/marccrawford http://blog.marccrawford.com @uber_tech_geek
0 Kudos
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yup;

Got that cover.  I use autolab with VMware Workstation.

0 Kudos
khaliqamar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hello asurania,

first of all thanks a lot to share your exam experience with us ....

My question,

how lengthy was the questions, i mean if you had a question of auto deply , is in exam they ask to settle everything, or just a part of it. i.e make rules or install autodeply etc.

suggest any Pluralsight videos which can help for this exam.....

many thanks

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

some questions are very short others are much longer and most of them are dependent on the portions you did earlier.

The best advice is learn it all as you will be tested on all of it so if you skip a portion you are only going to hurt yourself

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos