VMware Edu & Cert Community
nyjz1298
Contributor
Contributor

VCAP store

After passing the VCAP-DCA 5.5 this weekend I was excited to logon to the VCAP portal and check out the logo-wear and grab a shirt or two.  I remember seeing some cool black / white / gray VCAP logo shirts while at VMworld 2013 and 2014... Well, to my disappointment, none of those are available.  Does the stock or style of shirts change or get added back to the store occasionally?  I'm surprised with VMwares giant marketing machine, theres only two shirts that promote VMware certs that are available. 

Joe

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Joe, thanks for the note. The shirt inventory will be replenished from the vendor, so you can check back within 7-10 business days and your shirt choices should be there.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
nyjz1298
Contributor
Contributor

I've been checking back and noticed the quantity of the blue and gray shirts have increased but the styles shown in the VCAP store link aren't there (see picture below).  Hopefully in the next few days those black, white and gray shirts will show back up.

I would seriously buy one of each if they were available.  I'm so happy to have my VCAP-DCA I want to show it off!  Smiley Happy 

shirts.jpg

0 Kudos
ThSchmidt1988
Contributor
Contributor

wow, 20$ for shipment to Germany. This is really a lot ...

0 Kudos
nyjz1298
Contributor
Contributor

Its been a little more than 10 days and still just that blue short sleeve and the gray long sleeve shirt.  Do you think the other options will be available again?  The shirts in the VCAP store link picture?

Let me know.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
nyjz1298
Contributor
Contributor

Karl,

Any word on the shirts?  Credit card in hand! 🙂

0 Kudos
VMSavvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've recently ordered a Shirt, T-Shirt, Pet Bottle and Stickers.. I was all dreamed of wearing that VCAP - cap but that isn't available anymore. They said the production stopped. I think with the birth of VCIX certifications VCAP are going to fade away taking out the store merchandise as well.. I'm disappointed that cap is not there in the store anymore. I want one, can someone help me with buying it from somewhere? or selling yours may be??

VMSavvy Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
nyjz1298
Contributor
Contributor

To all of those that order these shirts make sure you measure yourself and except it to be on the big and long side.  I'm 6'2 and thought ordering a Large make sense.  I'm completely swimming in that thing!  The sleeves are long enough to nearly cover my elbows and the overall length covers so much of my pants its starts to cover the pant leg at the top.  I'm now going to figure out how to exchange my shirt for a medium or even a small.  The sizes are completely off.  And the worst part... $11.95 shipping.  Ughhhhhhhhhhh.... And its not even the shirt I really wanted.  I wish someone from VMware would chime in on this issue.

0 Kudos