VMware Edu & Cert Community
Rohail2004
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCAP question

I'm planning to take VCAP cert... should I wait for vSphere 6 or take 5 exam?

also, do I need to take VCAP course if I have active VCP?  any books do you recommend for VCAP exam?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Have a look at this page: VMware Certification Roadmap for 2015

With vSphere 5, you can achieve a VCAP with a single exam, with vSphere 6 you will need to pass 2 exams to gain a VCIX.

There will be migration paths for those who have VCP and VCAP in v5, you can read more about that too: Migration Paths from v5 Certification to v6 | VMware Education and Certification Blog - VMware Blogs

So, you could wait and go straight for VCIX6. Or you could go for a VCAP5 now, and end up at VCIX6.

Either way, as long as your VCP is current (ie. it has not expired) you won't need to take any training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Have a look at this page: VMware Certification Roadmap for 2015

With vSphere 5, you can achieve a VCAP with a single exam, with vSphere 6 you will need to pass 2 exams to gain a VCIX.

There will be migration paths for those who have VCP and VCAP in v5, you can read more about that too: Migration Paths from v5 Certification to v6 | VMware Education and Certification Blog - VMware Blogs

So, you could wait and go straight for VCIX6. Or you could go for a VCAP5 now, and end up at VCIX6.

Either way, as long as your VCP is current (ie. it has not expired) you won't need to take any training.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos