VMware Edu & Cert Community
vfk
Expert
Expert

VCAP Exams are getting phased out...

I have come across this on the blogosphere ...

"The VCAP exam suite will be phased out over time and replaced with VCIX for each track (DCV, Cloud, Desktop), this is because the VCAP exam never achieved industry respect and creating a CCIE equivalent is expected to correct that." : Here is the source

Is this true? and when is this change likely to come in?  in-line with vSphere 6 exams.

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Already in place for NSX:

Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 12.22.40.png

This was taken from this page: VMware Certification

It would be reasonable to expect to see this structure across the other technology streams (DCV, DT, Cloud) at some point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

I spoke with Chris McCain about this at VMworld and at present there are no definitive plans but what Rene said in his blog posting is true that there is a mention of changing it to keep in line and try make the VCAP more industry recognizable. This isn't likely to happen soon though as the VCIX-NV isn't even been released yet.

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
vfk
Expert
Expert

Thanks Gregg, that is really good to know, is this an indication of moving away from versioned exam based on product release and focus more on core technologies?  I noticed none of the network nationalisation certification track have version number is i.e. VCP6-NV for NSX release 6/6.1

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos