VMware Edu & Cert Community
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

VCAP-DTM Design 2019 vs 2020

I had achieved my VCAP-DTM Design 2019 last year and was trying to get the VCAP-DTM Deploy 2020 this year so I could earn my VCIX. According to the site, I should grandfather into the Design 2020 automatically by passing the exam, since the exact same exam is required to get the 2020. Notice it doesn't say when to pass the exam like option 1 does:

nburton935_0-1608309846769.png

I raised the question to the certification support team, because I was not seeing the Design 2020 appear in my cert manager. Apparently because I did not take the exam in 2020, I have to take the exact same exam again to earn the 2020? I understand that VMware is trying to simplify certifications by tying a year to them, but this seems to have made achieving a VCIX or VCDX nearly impossible since you have to get everything done within the same year.

If I end up passing the Deploy 2020 exam (taking it next week), I hope I have the option to take a single course or two to get everything up to 2021 and get a VCIX... I really don't want to have to take the same exams all over again! Any thoughts or advise from the cert experts would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
turkay_yaray
Contributor
Contributor

I reviewed the relevant site, I could not see 2020 in any way... 

https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcix7-dtm.html

I also have VCAP-7-DTM Design Certificate and I will take the new generation "Horizon 7 Advanced Deploy" Exam 2 weeks later.

I do not think we will have to take the same exam again, these are equivalent exams.

I wish you good luck in advance, you will take the exam before me, there is no resource to study so I will be glad if you share your experiences.

Best regards

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to VCAP Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos