VMware Edu & Cert Community
FaisalRahman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCAP-DTD Numbering

After almost 5 months on 16th i received my pass result. And today i received my VCAP-DTD number after completing task on vmware training site,.....

But what is that......????...... my VCAP-DTD number is same as my old VCP number.... it don't even reflect my VCP-DT number or other numbers with low value,.

Now how we can say how many person received this cert or what is the last number so far..... or who get it early ..... lots of questions from me Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
9 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

The only certification numbering I know of that equals the number now is VCDX - the rest all tie back to your VCP -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
FaisalRahman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wow.. since when....

I still got different numbers for my VCP, VCP-DT, VCAP-DCA.....

I think you can check other link on this forum where people mention about their numbers Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Only VMware know how many people hold each of their certifications, with the exception of VCDX.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
FaisalRahman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Scott,

No doubt on that, but looking at earlier numbers for other cert you can make some wild guess. Like, my VCAPDCA number is 505, back in that time i can easily say that, i was 505th person from the date it released. 🙂

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi

All the numbers for the VCAP5 certifications are now based on your VCP number and if you obtained your VCP4 then that is the number that is used. I heard it was due to them having tried out the changing of the numbers from 1-etc for the VCAP4 to 2000-etc for the VCAP5-DCA and DCD's and people "complaining" about not having a low number so they have just standardised it to make things easier after the cloud and DT advanced tracks were released

In all honesty I don't think anyone is too bothered about what number they get as it's an achievement no matter if you were the first or last in my opinion

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
FaisalRahman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Gregg,

It's kinda make sense. I already sent a mail to vmware team. Lets see what they come-up with. 🙂

Regards

Faisal

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Even the VCP ID numbers are not indicative of how many VCPs there actually are...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Fortunately the 1,000,000,000th person and the 1st person are still just as certified. The number is irrelevant.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

Also my number is the same as VCP-DCV.

Note that also VCP-Cloud use same number.

Maybe they are unify numbers?!

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos