VMware Edu & Cert Community
Zentraedi
Contributor
Contributor

VCAP DTA Issues

So, besides lag have others been running into major issues with the VCAP-DTA environment?

I took the exam yesterday and unfortunately ran into a major technical issue about 60% of the way into the exam.  This was something in the environment not attached to any task and definitely not on the blueprint.  After encountering this issue, I simply didn't have the access to complete several items after that or go back work on others.  This wasn't the Pearson side either.  After getting home, I looked up the error message online and it appears to be a bug/issue inherent to the environment itself.   That leads me to wonder if others have been running into this and whether I'll get the same thing if I retake the exam.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoshuaAndrewsVM

What bug?

Did you open a ticket with Pearson and have them get VMware support on the phone during the exam?

I assume this was not at VMworld?

0 Kudos
Zentraedi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Josh,

It was a specific bug on the vSphere side.  After the exam, I looked it up online and it appears to be related to how the environment was setup.

If allowed, I can post details here or just PM you directly. 

I didn't raise a ticket with Pearson, but did email the VMware certification team(have an open SR #).  I don't think this was a Pearson issue since wasn't with the actually connection to and presentation of the VMware session.  I didn't even realize we could get VMware support on the phone during the exam or even the full extent of issue until I looked it up later online.

Anyway, the response from the VMware cert team was still a little strange since they replied asking for the specific URL of the environment used.  I gave them the vCenter hostname, but couldn't recall any other connection details since we can't really write down and take information out the exam room.  Shouldn't my Candidate ID, registration#, date, site id, and validation # be enough to determine all that anyway?

Also, this wasn't at VMworld.  I took the exam at a local testing center here in Tokyo.

Well, appreciate the help.  Is there anything else you think I should do at this point?

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

If you could PM that would be great.  Ticket # also please.

Zentraedi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Josh.  I sent those details to you via PM.  Would be great to know what caused this and how we can proceed from here.

Really appreciate the help!

0 Kudos