VMware Edu & Cert Community
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VCAP-DCV Deploy 2022

Hi,

Will the VCP-DCV 2020 be a valid pre-requirement for the 2022 version?

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/certification/vmware-retired-certi...

What is the recommended course and are there practice labs available?

What is the recommended study approach as I do not think there is any specific book for this qualification?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

So as I first guessed, the answers might not come til January.

I believe the on-demand courses begin on purchase, and are valid for 30 days - more here: https://www.vmware.com/learning/on-demand-courses.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I guess the answer won't come til January.

Given that the 2021 version has either VCP-DCV 2021 or VCP-DCV 2020 as a pre-requisite, it might be that you would have to hold either VCP-DCV 2022 or VCP-DCV 2021.

That's just my theory based on this page: https://www.vmware.com/education-services/certification/vcap-dcv-deploy.html

The recommended course is also mentioned on that page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hopefully not as that would put me off, would be good if there was a team I can verify this with as these require planning and its good to know such things in advance considering we are in December now.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Email certification@vmware.com - that's the "team".

Even New Zealand is still an hour away from December as I type this 😉

0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

thank you @scott28tt  - just did.

Will post an update once I have a reply/confirmation.

0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

haha did not know you were going to type back so fast 😉

0 Kudos
andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

was a waste of time as got only more uncertainties if anything!

Basically been told that:

VCAP-DCV Deploy 2021 - requirements can change at the start of 2022 (confused as this is listed as Retiring)

VCAP-DCV Deploy 2022 - requirements still unknown until beginning of next year

In any case, one final question regarding on Demand Courses:

Do they start immediately upon purchase or you can select Start Date?

Are they based on hour usage or limited just by the days?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

So as I first guessed, the answers might not come til January.

I believe the on-demand courses begin on purchase, and are valid for 30 days - more here: https://www.vmware.com/learning/on-demand-courses.html

0 Kudos
KarlChilds
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Scott was correct, for any VCAP certification (the first time earning it), the VCP version required is the current version or one back. So right now, to earn VCAP 2021, you need the VCP 2020 or 2021. Starting in January, the two versions accepted will be the VCP 2021 or VCP 2022.

Hopefully that helps with your planning. 

andvm
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ah that is bad, will focus on something else….

0 Kudos
DJKrafty
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This would've been good to know prior to my class on 12/22/21 for VCAP Design, and the test that was scheduled on 1/3/22. They kindly let me know that they granted me an exception (even though the new requirements are posted nowhere) so I've asked them what the requirements will be for VCAP-DCV Deploy 2022. 

0 Kudos