VMware Edu & Cert Community
MohanSinghChouh
Contributor
Contributor

VCAP DCV 550

Currently i have VCP -DCV 5.1 certification, would like to know if i am eligible to give VCAP 550 exam. and provide me the preparation guidence as well.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

So the certification you hold is VCP5-DCV regardless of the version of the exam you did (VCP510 or VCP550), and you want to know your eligibility for the exam for the VCAP5-DCA certification.

The answer is here: (VCAP5-DCA) VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5

Your VCP5-DCV status means that you can take this exam, and should use the blueprint as your main guide, with a lab to work through the objectives.

(Edited to reflect the retirement of the VDCA510 exam)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
MohanSinghChouh
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Scott.

I see in blue print they have given Documentation Available where all the guides are given and another they have given Objective, Which is the best option to concerntrate on ? Objective or Each topics Guides?

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

Concentrate on the objectives which you can investigate using the documentation.

Note that that information is what the item writers receive then they are asked to write the questions.

Also, as of January 1, 2015 there is only one exam, the DCA550.

0 Kudos
MohanSinghChouh
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Joshua,

I started with Objectives from Blue Prints. Please do share me more helful information/Documentation for
VCAP DCV 550

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

Please check VCAP community

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos