VMware Edu & Cert Community
rushad61
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCAP-DCD550 multiple choice

Hi All

Just wanted to find out if the VCAP-DCD550 exam has multiple choice questions as well and the drag drop and design questions.

I know there are 46 questions and

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

Unlike the DCD510 the DCD550 does not have multiple choice questions on it and has one large (30+min) design item.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yeah the DCD consists of drag and drop, multiple choice and Visio style design questions.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
rushad61
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Firestartah

Thanks for this. Have you done the exam yourself and did you pass?

Regards

Rushad

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Not a problem Smiley Happy

Yes to both questions. My exam experience blog posting is here :VCAP5-DCD Retake | TheSaffaGeek

All the resource I used for both of the VCAP-DC exams are here: VCAP5-DCA & DCD | TheSaffaGeek

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

Unlike the DCD510 the DCD550 does not have multiple choice questions on it and has one large (30+min) design item.

0 Kudos
rushad61
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Joshua

So the information is contradicting.

So you are saying the VCAP-DCD550 exam has no multiple choice questions at all?

So they are just design questions which are drag and drop type and Visio stuff

I know in DCD 510 you had a lot of multiple choice easy questions. So it is worth revising that stuff or no

Rushad

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

When in doubt, always reference the current blueprint

https://mylearn.vmware.com/lcms/web/portals/certification/VCAP_Blueprints/VCAP-DCD-VDCD550-Exam-Blue...

1.2 Number of Questions

The VDCD550 Exam contains 46 questions. The items include a mixture of drag-and-drop items and design items using an in-exam design tool. A short pre-exam survey is performed, consisting of 7 items.

During the exam candidates are presented with 6 design items in which a VMware vSphere-based solution is designed based on customer requirements using an in-exam design tool. These items take significantly longer to complete than multiple choice or drag-and-drop items, and time should be budgeted accordingly during the exam. There is also 1 master design item, for which a MINIMUM of 30 minutes should be allocated.

daemonbehr01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I sat through the VCAP-DCD550 a few weeks back, and the majority of the questions were in the format of "match the item on the left with the description on the right". That being said, you can have (and are encouraged to ) the items on the left in multiple places on the right. This makes it really tricky.

For instance, an expected budget can be an assumption and a risk at the same time . So the item "risk" and the item "assumption" can be applied to the phrase "We expect to have this budget".

There is one big diagram question that takes a long time. and about 4 other smaller diagram questions.

They are all mixed up and scattered across the question numbers. No order at all.

Hardest part I found, was all the reading involved for each question. I failed attempt 1 (ran out of time - 300 mins). Going back tomorrow for attempt 2.

0 Kudos
JPM300
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

If you want an idea of what the exam will be like I built a simulator and study pack at https://www.virtualtiers.net

The multiple choice questions are no longer in the 5.1, so it will only be the drag-n-drop and design questions, however the simulator has a number of both.

The study pack also has a bunch of good information around how to look at Risks, Constraints, Assumptions, etc.

Also look up the google+ DCD study group, great bunch of people over there all working towards their DCD or have their DCD and are helping others get there.

Best of luck and happy studying!

0 Kudos