VMware Edu & Cert Community
etiennemunnichf
Contributor
Contributor

VCAP DCD 5.5 or 6?

Hi guys

I need some advice; I have a VCP510DCV (expires in April) and am busy with prep for my DCD 550. Should I rather just do my VCP550 renewal and then wait for DCD 6 exam and course?

Thank you in advance,

Etienne

27 Replies
JoshuaAndrewsVM

There was an official comment that VCAP5-DCD + VCIX-DCV (admin exam) = VCIX-DCV

None of your other questions have been answered yet, we are waiting on FAQs/upgrade paths to be released.

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

What about upgrades?

Say I have both vCAP-DCA and DCD5 - do I have to sit both VCIX exams to be upgraded to VCIX6 or just one and can I chose which one?

What about those that are VCDX?  do they just need to do the design part of the VCIX to upgrade their VCDX, or are they now expected to do both sections?

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

Those questions have been answered yet, we are waiting on FAQs/upgrade paths to be released.

0 Kudos
ChandBShaik
Contributor
Contributor

What for those who already have a VCAP5-DCA and VCAP5-DCD?

Passing the VCP-6 can give you the VCIX?

“If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
0 Kudos
ChandBShaik
Contributor
Contributor

More to it I already had a VCAP4-DCA and VCAP4-DCD as well. so in total VCAP4-DCA/DCD and VCAP5-DCA/DCD certifications. So my question is upon passing VCP-6 will I get a VCIX-DCV or do I need to start over??

“If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I guess this comment above would also apply to your circumstances:

"Those questions have been answered yet, we are waiting on FAQs/upgrade paths to be released."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think the bigger question is when the is the Blueprint and FAQ going to be released for the updated certification.    Maybe a hint on which Quarter of this year at least 🙂

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Personally, I have zero visibility of this as I'm not part of the Certification group.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos