VMware Edu & Cert Community
odesey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCAP-DCD 4 Problems

I am having some issues with the VCAP-DCD 4 exam and wanted to know what I should do next.

The first time I took the exam I failed with a score of 288, however I had some weird issues while doing the exam. On the design (visio) questions if I made the text narrow I got one question and if I made it wide I got another (fun right!) I answered the "narrow" question but failed anyway.

I emailed certification@vmware.comonce I got home explaining my problems, they acknowledged that this is a known issue and issued me a coupon to retake the exam for free.

In preparation for the re-take I did some more studying and read some books (HA & DRS deep dive). I felt very confident when re-taking the exam but to my surprise/horror I failed with the same score and had the same issue with the design questions (wide one question and narrow another). I emailed VMware again but the response this time has been extremely slow. Its been almost a month and they are still looking into it.

I am wondering if my design questions are all being flagged as wrong by accident because of this known "issue"? When I retake the exam I plan on going to a new location as I think the bug may be specific to the location I used for the previous two tries.

Has anyone else seen this issue or am I the only lucky person to have this problem?

Who can I contact at VMware to look into this? I asked them in my last email to manually grade my exam using the "narrow" questions but I am still waiting on a response.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Ed.

PS.

I am trying to do my VCDX design this VMworld as I've already passed my VCAP-DCA but this problem is slowing me down!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the Community - Certification@vmware.com is right way to contact and raise issues

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal

certification@vmware.com is overwhelmed, understaffed, or both.  They are aware of the issues and are trying to make improvements with the resources they have.  I heard a tip somewhere that people who call over the phone get much quicker response than those who send an email.  The last few emails I have sent were replied to with a standard message stating a 4 week response time.

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos
odesey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I emailed certification@vmware.com again and still no response 1 week later. Can someone post the number to contact them via phone? I looked around but cant seem to find it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

odesey wrote:

Has anyone else seen this issue or am I the only lucky person to have this problem?

My exam had a lot of issues with the design questions as well, although I did end up passing.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
0 Kudos
jasonboche
Immortal
Immortal

I had one particular drag this to that tool question where the numbered squares wouldn't stick to the boxes I dropped them onto for very long. Eventually they would jumble themselves & I'd have to start over. After about the 4th try, I got them all to stay and finished the exam. During question review, this particular question was flagged and when it came up for review, the boxes were scrambled again. Once again I fixed them. I have no clue if they stayed after I advanced to the next question or not.

VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
0 Kudos
odesey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just wanted to update everyone on this issue.

VMware finally got back to me regarding my design question issues and I was able to re-take the exam. This time I went to a new location and passed. I did notice that I got a different number of design questions (more) and one had the same problem. This time I displayed the issue to the person over-seeing the exam just to confirm I wasn't crazy.

Thanks to everyone for their responses and best of luck to all who have yet to take the exam.

0 Kudos