VMware Edu & Cert Community
rajeev009
Contributor
Contributor

VCAP - DCA

Hi All,

I am Planing to prepare VCAP - DCA or VCAP - DCD Kindly some body advise me how to prepare. I am VCP-5 certified. I have One year experience as a VMware admin.

Your Advice and guidance highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajeev.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
vfk
Expert
Expert

Hi Rajeev,

If you are currently VMware Admin and don't do much design work, you are better off pursuing the VCAP-DCA as this will closely align with your day to day work.

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
rushad61
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Rajeev.

Going for the VCAP exams is a good step as this distinguishes you from the thousands of VCP's as it is next advanced  level of certification. Since you are VMware Admin I would suggest going for the VCAP-DCA as this exam tests your lab skills and it will be a natural progression if you a currently doing admin tasks. For this exam you, can opt for either the DCA in 510 (which tests you on 5.1) or 550 (which is based on 5.5). Having a test lab or hands to a lab where you can configure everything is key. Without it is will be impossible to pass. This is 100% practical lab exam no theory questions.

Once you pass DCA then go for the DCD as this requires more knowledge and overall experience. From what I hear the DCD is a tough exam.

I have passed the VCAP-DCA 510 exam and you can read about my experience here.  http://xpertvmware.co.uk/vcap.html

I am currently preparing to study for the DCD and joined the study group hosed by Shady Ali VCAP-DCD Study Group - Community - Google+

Wish you all the best in your VCAP exams. They are tough but it is a great accomplishment once you pass.

rajeev009
Contributor
Contributor

Hi VfK,

Thank you so much for your suggestions Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
rajeev009
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rushad,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion and great way of explanation. I will check the link witch you gave in your reply.

Once again thank you so much Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Sateesh_vCloud

Hi Rajeev,

I cleared VCAP-DCA recently and can share couple of tips/docs.

For any assistance you can send e-mail to   sateesh4test@gmail.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Congrats.

Why not post the tips/docs here for all community members to see?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos