VMware Edu & Cert Community
Yankora
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCAP-DCA 510 @Vmworld Barcelona

Team, I had  a problem this morning with Pearson vue team., I was already registered for this exam to take it @vmworld Barcelona on Thursday 16th of October, So i wanted to reschedule it to take it on Monday 13th of October. I called Pearson Vue and their rep told me to cancel the exam first then reschedule it. The problem i have right now. I that i am not able to find any available slots after cancelling the exam. My question can i take this exam onsite without prior pearson vue registration?

Bear in mind that this is  a DCA exam not DCD one

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

Slots are not limited to Barcelona, but open everywhere in the world.  However there is a very high demand that week due to the discount.

There is no way to get an alert.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

I would be surprised if there are any DCA slots open that week, that was probably booked solid with in a week of the schedule opening.

You can try to walk up in Barcelona, but you will be depending on someone canceling for the slot you are walking up for. 

Yankora
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Joshua, The problem is that i cannot see from Pearson Vue the slot i cancelled. it is not available anymore. The problem i have  is that , VCAP xxA exams are not available in many places in Middle East. I had to travel last time to take it in Jordan and I cancelled the exam there due to terrible internet connection so my chances to travel to take this exam anywhere else is very limited. I am not sure why PV Rep asked me to cancel the exam but what he said made me this problem. Is there anyone i can email from VMware Certification to check the available slots for me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

I don't see any slots for the DCA510 on the 13th 14th or 15th, in fact most days we are slightly over subscribed for the 510.

There are plenty of slots for the 550.

0 Kudos
Yankora
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot Joshua for you continuous support. I am really sorry to hear that, It is all PV mistake Smiley Sad

so, as i said I canceled my slot today  which was scheduled to be on:

Thursday, October 16, 2014‎

‎8:30 AM‎ (Time shown is test center local time.)‎

Having this slot cancelled, Will that make it available for onsite registration or may be book in advance from your side?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

No, that slot was filled a few minutes after it was cancelled.

The only way a slot will open is if someone else cancels.

Yankora
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot Joshua. May i ask how this slot was filled so quickly?

Is it via PearsonVue?

Also is there anyway to get a notification from VMware certification or Pearson Vue once a slot become available?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM
Jump to solution

Slots are not limited to Barcelona, but open everywhere in the world.  However there is a very high demand that week due to the discount.

There is no way to get an alert.

0 Kudos
Yankora
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot Joshua for your detailed answers. Appreciate your help on this...

Thanks

0 Kudos
swaqar
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Joshua,

As per your answer, I understand that discount vouchers are also offered everywhere in world for VCAP exams.

Am I correct?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Have a look here for all promotions: VMware Training & Certification Promotions (Global)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos