VMware Edu & Cert Community
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCAP-CIA study guide

hey Guys;

So midway done studying for the VCAP-CIA..

What have i completed...i built my own VCAP-CIA lab and almost finished watching the VMware Director 5.1 videos on pluralsight

Does anyone know any unofficial study guide for this exam.....  i want to be write this exam asap so i can move on to other things

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vfk
Expert
Expert

Check the following blog, VCAP5-CIA and CID | TheSaffaGeek

This blogger compiles a good list of resources for most of the VCAP exams.

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

=0) Thanks for the reference to my blog.

I think for the CIA it's all about using the blueprint to do everything on your lab as fast as possible and try use the operations section of the vCAT.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos
vfk
Expert
Expert

You seem like you are on the right track, if you come across any good material please share.  Have you scheduled your exam yet?

How do you have your lab configured at the moment?

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos
asurania
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yea so i created my Lab in VMWare Workstation

Main Desktop (has 32Gb Ram) which i am running workstation and running Windows Server 2012 R2 - AD and DNS function

I got 5 esxi host and 2 VC

3 Esxi host is for the Mgmt VC and the 2 esxi host is for the customer VC

I am using vCloud director 5.5 for my lab, even though the exam is based on 5.1

I am going to go through

http://www.virtualizationexpress.com/2013/04/vcap-cia-blue-print.html

and the vbrownbag videos 

Exam is scheduled for Second week of August

0 Kudos