VMware Edu & Cert Community
jeffersonc47
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Updating VCAP-DCV and VCAP-NV Design Certs

I currently hold VCAP-DCV Design 2021 and VCAP-NV Design 2020 certs I earned from passing 3V0-21.21 and 3V0-42.20 respectively. I'd like to update them to current versions for a few reasons. (The NV is approaching n-4 where the update process becomes more complicated. I also keep hearing discussion that certs will need to be within n-2 to count towards partner requirements.) However it doesn't appear that either of those tests has been revised since I passed them. As a result, I don't think I have a way to update either of those certs. Is there an option I'm missing or am I simply stuck until new versions of those tests are released?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Checked the appropriate paths on these pages?

https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcap-dcv-design.html

https://www.vmware.com/learning/certification/vcap-nv-design.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
jeffersonc47
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes - Those tell me I need to pass an exam to update, but the exam they list is the same one I took 2 or 3 years ago. Unless something has changed, I thought VMware's general rule is you can't take a test again once you pass it.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

That is correct, once you’ve passed an exam you can’t schedule it again.

Perhaps @KarlChilds can help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
SharelleP
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We expect that both of those exams will be updated this calendar year.

0 Kudos
jeffersonc47
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just to explicitly confirm, until that happens, I'm stuck, right?

0 Kudos