VMware Edu & Cert Community
anguo0403
Contributor
Contributor

Study Resources for VCAP-DCV Design 3V0-21.21

Hi everyone,

I know this is always somehow a repeated question, but as VMware technologies a so fast-paced, I am wondering how I can best prepare for the VCAP-DCV Design exam in 2021. 3V0-21.21

I found several older resources but think that there is too much outdated information to rely on them.

I am looking for: updated blogs, e-books, PDFs, youtube resources, online courses on a platform and whatever can help to pass the exam besides the official courses.

Thanks a lot for your comments!

Best,

Markus

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
AliHentati
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

You can find here many documents,

The VCAP6-DCV Deploy Exam Simulator is back! - VirtualG.uk

Thanks, 

Ali 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Not sure how a v6 Deploy lab simulator helps someone preparing for a v7 Design exam...?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
AliHentati
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

it helps to undrestand the basics,

Thanks,

Ali

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

An exam dump? Really? 🙄

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
anguo0403
Contributor
Contributor

Well Scott, I agree that a VCAP Deploy v6 blog post and an exam dump are not what I am looking for.

But you, as part of VMware: don't you know any bloggers or  aspiring VCAPs that provide resources online to help others pass the Design exam?

0 Kudos
AliHentati
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, but it was the question 😕

You can delete my answer !

Thanks,

Ali

0 Kudos
anguo0403
Contributor
Contributor

No offense Ali!

Thanks for your help.

It's just that I am look for some VCAP-DCV Design specific resources. But I agree with you that getting the basics right with Deploy resources is definitely a good idea!

0 Kudos
anguo0403
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like my first response disappeared.

I agree with you Scott, but don't you know any resources that can help?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@AliHentati 

You can edit your previous answer, or a moderator might do it for you...

0 Kudos
JaSo2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I guess you will have to build your own study guide or resource list for the exam as I do not think there is a single comprehensive study guide for the exam. I had to do it too even though I was going through the 6.5 route, when it was still available.

My 2 cents:

• The single best resource is the official course for the exam - you will get there a study guide and also some tells what is VMware expecting from you on the exam - https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/courses.cfm?ui=www_edu&a=one&id_subject=93075
  • Looking on the exam prep guide I see similar topics like from the previous (or other design) exams - design phases, requirements and their cassification etc. (Objectives 1 for sure and something from 3 also). There is a great (and very deep also) video playlist on vBrownBag channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgKTiWvKGM4&list=PL2rC-8e38bUXAB-VaBem953POgFDrk-Iw on VCAP6-DCV. I believe these topics changes only a little (also a VCAP-NV Design prep video which is very recent might help in that), but as it was on 6 versio n I would cross-reference it with:
  • VMware Validated Design https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Validated-Design/index.html version 6.2. It will be discontinued however I see the exam prep guide is from 2020, so it should point on the VVD 6.2 rather than VCF 4.3.
  • There was also a great exam prep course on VLZ Premium - it was for 6.5, but was able to clear some doubts and explain the theoretical topics about phases, requirements etc. I think it was withdrawn from the list of available courses, maybe VMware is preparing a new one for 7 version.

Anyway this is a good resource with some hints in it https://virtualguru.cz/2021/05/14/vcap-dcv-deploy-2021-pass/  just use a translator from Czech language.

Here is the non working list of hyperlinks from reference section of the exam guide - https://vcdx133.com/2021/01/18/advanced-design-vmware-vsphere-7-0-exam-3v0-21-21-study-links/

Good luck,

J.