VMware Edu & Cert Community
jeremychivers
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SSH Access to Hosts

Hi,

Can i just check that apart from using the vMA and PowerCLI i can also use SSH to connect directly to each host?

I am sure I read this somewhere sometime ago but cant find the article or blog now.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prakashraj
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Jeremy,

Yes , you can use SSH to connect to each host

Thanks

Prakash

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
prakashraj
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Jeremy,

Yes , you can use SSH to connect to each host

Thanks

Prakash

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
prakashraj
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Jeremy,

Is your host is ESX or ESXi and what version?

if it is ESXi go to trouble shooting mode options and Enable ESXi shell ssh support.

Thanks

Prakash

0 Kudos
jeremychivers
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

The VCAP5-DCA exam is based on ESXi 5.0  so will just meaning enabling SSH on the security profile if i need to.

I suddenly had a bad thought that I wouldn't be able to use SSH and since I generally prefer to use it over the vMA I was going to run into issues. My VCAP is booked for next Thursday.

Regards,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
prakashraj
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Jeremy,

All the best for VCAP exam Smiley Happy

Regards,

Prakash

0 Kudos
jeremychivers
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks.

0 Kudos