VMware Edu & Cert Community
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Quick question regarding VCAP 5.5 DCA should I focus my lab practice efforts more on the using the web client or the full fat? Believe it or not my preference is the web client

Quick question regarding VCAP 5.5 DCA should I focus my lab practice efforts more on the using the web client or the full fat?  Believe it or not my preference is the web client

10 Replies
JPM300
Commander
Commander

Hey Lukeglazebrook,

Both clients are available to you, so I would focus on which ever way you can get things done fastest.  The exam will really be a time crunch and anyway you can squeeze out a minute here or there you will want to.

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

Some of the features/configurations can only be done via the webclient.. so if you are comfortable with the web client, stick with it.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

... and somethings can only be done with the fat client.  Stick to the one you know best but understand what things require the other client.

lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

LoL, so the general consensus is know then both as well as each other Smiley Happy  For anyone that has taken the 5.5 exam recently would you mind letting me know which seemed to function faster?

Thanks for all your advice guys

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

The web client is notorious for performance related issues in general.

I took the exam roughly 2 months back. Performance wise, the entire system seemed sluggish. Not much difference in the web and desktop client. However, some of the tasks I found could be done faster in the desktop client as that required fewer clicks.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
Zentraedi
Contributor
Contributor

I took the DCA 5.5 last month and would have to say the VI-client was my go-to and definitely quicker in general.  Still, there are several things you definitely need to know how to do in the web client.

As a strategy, I would make sure you are solid on and know where everything is in the VI-client, know where the web client specific stuff is, and in general be comfortable navigating the web client if needed.

0 Kudos
J_Kolkes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I took the exam a couple of weeks ago and would say both are about the same to navigate. However, I would suggest you don't open multiple programs at once since that will make things very slow in general.

I agree with earlier replies that you need to be familiar with C# and Web clients as some tasks are only available in one.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
seereddy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have scheduled my VDCA550 exam in next month December.  I am preparing the topics which are in Exam blue print v 3.0. is not having Auto Deploy now.  When I try to subscribe/download VCAP5-DCA official certification guide I am only getting the earlier released guide which is having Auto Deploy topic.  Is there latest official cert guide / released for VCAP550?  if released please provide the link.

Any suggestions on exam preparation & provide exam material will be appreciated?

Thanks

Srinuvasu

0 Kudos
J_Kolkes
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello Srinuvasu,

The official blueprint can be obtained from this link: (VCP5-DCV) VCP-Data Center Virtualization

For exam preparation and material, check out a collection of links I've put together after passing my VDCA550

My VCAP5-DCA Experience & Suggestions (VDCA550)

Good luck next month.

--

Jorge.

0 Kudos
seereddy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kolkes,

I am really appreciate you for given valuable information.  your study guide is very worthful to prepare the VDCA550 exam & other information of your experience & suggestions too.

One more doubt - As per vcap5-dca blue print, no questions won't be from Auto Deploy in exam which is not listed in blue print .- right?

Thanks,

Srinuvasu

0 Kudos