VMware Edu & Cert Community
PCHANDU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Query About the VCAP-DCA Certification

I have a Query About the VCAP-DCA Certification ....

Am VCP4 Certified, My Targer is VCAP5-DCA.

My Query is  ...If I Take the VCP5 Exam Directly with out authorized Vmware Training ...

What am Elegible for VCAP5-DCA Certification ...??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You cannot. That is a hard requirement -- you MUST have the class to have the VCP certification. You can take the exam without the class but you do not get the certification without the class. It's to avoid exactly what you are doing. A dump site is just a memory exercise. By forcing the class, we know that you've had some hands-on, even if for a week. We want the VCP to have meaning and not be just an exercise in memorizing answers. That's not knowledge, that's just random facts.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

No. You must take either the What's New 5.1; vSphere 5.1 Install, Cconfigure, manage; vSphere 5.1 Fast Track; or the vSphere 5.1 Optimize and Scale class (probably the better choice for experienced users) to get the VCP5 certification. That's required before attempting any higher level certifications.

See here: http://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=30483&ui=www_cert

0 Kudos
PCHANDU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Thanks a lot for kind Responce ...

As per my understanding  ...i have set my plan as below ..

applearing vcp5 exam (with out vmware training)  --> attending vsphere 5 optimize and scale class tring --> vcap5-dca certificate exam.

i am prparing with vcp5 dumps, so i can face the exame with out authorized training.

if i passed and got the vcp5 certification, is that elegible to proceed on vsphere5 optimize and scale class training ...???

or authorised training is required for vcp5 ...???

my intention is to skip vcp5 authorized training ...

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You cannot. That is a hard requirement -- you MUST have the class to have the VCP certification. You can take the exam without the class but you do not get the certification without the class. It's to avoid exactly what you are doing. A dump site is just a memory exercise. By forcing the class, we know that you've had some hands-on, even if for a week. We want the VCP to have meaning and not be just an exercise in memorizing answers. That's not knowledge, that's just random facts.

0 Kudos
PCHANDU
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Very Very Thanks ....

Am Cleare now ..and am planing certification preparation according to your Suggetion .....

Thank U ...Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The order you plan on doing those things will gain you both VCP5-DV and VCAP5-DCA.

1. Pass VCP5-DV exam - this won't mean anything on it's own at this stage

2. Attend the Optimize & Scale class - this will be the point at which you achieve VCP5-DV but you must email certification@vmware.com after your class is finished to ask them to verify your VCP5-DV status

3. Pass the VCAP5-DCA exam - this gains you VCAP5-DCA

The one thing I would discourage is the use of dumps for the VCP5-DV exam. They are created by cheats, and are notoriously inaccurate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos