VMware Edu & Cert Community
Krenztor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Practice test and quick notes

I'm a few days away from taking my 3V0-622 test.  I've done some extensive studying and consolidated a lot of my notes down to the list of "quick notes" below and into the attached practice test file.  The practice test was just thrown together quickly in Excel so it isn't perfect.  Column A has invisible random numbers so sorting by that column will reorder the questions.  Column B has the questions and Column C also has invisible text in it which is the answer.  To view the answer just place your cursor in the cell you want to view and you'll see the text in the bar at the top.  I reviewed all this info a couple of times so I think it is all correct but it is entirely possible that I've got some wrong answers.  If anyone finds any let me know.  Hopefully this helps others

• Requirements - unambiguous, verifiable, specific
  • Constraint - budget, staff limitations or uncertainty
  • Risk - Staff lack of expertise
  • Functional is how it DOES something and Non-Functional is how it BEHAVES
  • Functional is not quantifiable.  It either does it or it doesn’t
  • Non-functional is technical verbiage
  • Non-functional includes anything that falls under AMPRS
  • Conceptual - HA, primary/secondary, replication, DMZ/T&D/Prod
  • Logical - FC vs iSCSI, diagraming redundant links
  • Physical - IPs, host names, hardware models, version numbers
  • Fixed - Active/Active only
  • MRU - Active/Passive or ALUA
  • Round Robin - Any, usually is the default
  • Network Resource Pools are only enforced during contention while Traffic Shaping is always enforced
  • Availability - operation in compliance with SLAs
  • Performance - responsiveness of an environment
  • Manageability - ease of maintaining an environment
  • Recoverability - ability to restore an environment after a disaster
  • Security - ability to protect an environment from technical threats
0 Kudos
8 Replies
RobBenedit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just curious why you didn't choose the 3V0-624 (6.5 DCD exam) instead?

Great info BTW! Thanks 

Rob-o Benedit
0 Kudos
Krenztor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I started studying for this certification back in June well before the 6.5 test came out.  I haven't exactly been swift about getting around to taking this test but I'm finally scheduled for it on Monday.  If I fail then I'll really have to think about whether I want to retry this one or start studying for the 6.5 instead.  In an ideal world I'll pass this test and then VMware will release VCAP Deploy 6.5.  I'd much rather do a deploy than a design certification if I had the choice.

0 Kudos
Krenztor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

One thing I'll also add, I believe that the 6.5 design test doesn't include the visio diagram style questions.  I had never made a design diagram like that prior to studying for this test and it coincidentally happened that I was asked to create one of these for work just a few days ago.  Instead of being totally unprepared like I by all rights probably should have been I instead managed to put together a diagram that I was quite proud of.  It is probably a major relief for test takers and even the VMware test writers that these types of questions won't be used anymore, but I'll say that because they were required for the 6.0 test I learned what is probably going to be a very valuable skill which I wouldn't have attained otherwise.

0 Kudos
RobBenedit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How did you do? Hope you made it!

Rob-o Benedit
0 Kudos
Krenztor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yep, passed with a 335 Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
RobBenedit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Congratulations! I'm heading in on Thurs at high noon.... Do or Do not, there is no try!

Rob-o Benedit
0 Kudos
Krenztor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Awesome!  Good luck on the test Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
syedfahimali
Contributor
Contributor

Very nice post like it.

0 Kudos