VMware Edu & Cert Community
yilmazi
Contributor
Contributor

Pearson Vue issue

Hello all,

I had a problem with Pearson Vue testing center and i want to give you some info about that problem because someone may have same problem with Pearson Vue.

First of all, i am from Turkey. Turkish goverment gives personal id to all Turkish people when he/she born. That id is like a card and there is no signature place on that card.

When i gone to Pearson VUE test center, they asked me for two ID, both must have my signature and i showed my goverment issued personal id and my school id card, but both of them has no signature because Turkish goverment do not feel to need any signature on personal id

And testing center manager said me, i can not let you take that exam because your id has no signature, you should have a driver license or passport (In Turkey, drving license and passport has your signature but not on personal id).

I dont have a driving license and passport and i could not take VCAP-DCA exam. My money gone to trash

So, Pearson Vue do not let you take advanced professional exams if you are a Turkish people and you do not have a driving license or passport

It is very funny but there is just one way to have advanced professional exam from Pearson VUE for Turkish people is having a driving license or passport Smiley Happy

Pearsun VUE has a rule for id, ok i understand that but it is not adaptable for Turkey and counties like Turkey

Maybe someone hear my voice and solve that problem

7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Take a read of the text below (although this was copied from the Pearson VUE UK site) and check your confirmation email...

Typically you are asked to bring two forms of identification, including one government-issued photo identification. Some test programmes may have additional requirements.

The items you are asked to bring differs for each test program. You will receive a confirmation email with programme-specific information.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
yilmazi
Contributor
Contributor

In the confirmation email they informed me, for at least one signatured id is needed.

it was my fourth exam at Pearson Vue and at previous ones when they asked for signatured id, i said i have no driving license and passport and i had exams.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It was always my understanding that at least 1 of your IDs needed a signature - do you not have a credit card?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
kianwah
Contributor
Contributor

Based on my experience, it really depends on the test center - some enforces the 2 IDs policy, one of which must have a signature and some do not. Personally, I find Pearson VUE professional testing center to be stricter. The testing administrator even asked to check my pockets to make sure they are empty!

VCAP4/5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, CCIE
0 Kudos
yilmazi
Contributor
Contributor

They did not accept credit card

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Pearson VUE SHOULD accept a credit card to verify signature, as long as it accompanies a Valid (current) government issued photo ID.   (Its right on their approved document sheet)

If you have any issues with a third party center,  Call VUE customer service in Turkey - 00800448822063

0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

Agree and usually they do. First exam I've only got one ID with me, but they have accept the credit card as the second identity verification.

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos