VMware Edu & Cert Community
viswanathdca
Contributor
Contributor

Passed VCAP - DCA 5.5, Long waiting Certification finally accomplished !!!!

Friends, Passed VCAP - DCA 5.5, Long waiting Certification finally accomplished !!!!

Good to see my VCP expiry data also extended to Dec 2016.

Thanks to VMware for 50% Discount voucher

http://virtualviswa.blogspot.in/

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
7 Replies
vfk
Expert
Expert

Congratulations...

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos
viswanathdca
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you vfk

0 Kudos
RyanH84
Expert
Expert

Congratulations! The day you took your exam I was booking mine for March 2015!

I have read your blog and you state useful methods and tools for study (lots of lab, official cert guides and other blogs). I am currently using the VDCA550 Blueprint v3.3 to guide my study and practice.

I notice that you mention use of the vMA. This isn't something that is in the blueprint anymore, I am just wondering if it is something you are really tested on? This would concern me as I have deviated away from it a fair bit since it is not in the 5.5 exam!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Regards, Ryan vExpert, VCP5, VCAP5-DCA, MCITP, VCE-CIAE, NPP4 @vRyanH http://vRyan.co.uk
0 Kudos
viswanathdca
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ryan,

vMA is an appliance used to manage all hosts and VC centrally. you can execute all type commands like esxcli, resxtop, etc. instead of connecting individually,

Thanks,

Viswanath

0 Kudos
mjha
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Vishwanath

The new blueprint 3.3 for VCAP has no section for vMA. Have vmware removed usage of vMA from VCAP exam and just focussing on vSphere PowerCLI or what?

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Manish Jha | Operations Support Engineer | vCloud Air Operations vExpert 2015-17 | vExpert-NSX | vExpert-Cloud | VCAP6-DCV | VCP6-DCV | RHCE-7 Website : http://vstellar.com
0 Kudos
VMSavvy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Alex,

Pardha here.. the VMSavvy Smiley Happy

vMA is still there when I gave the exam. If you want you can use that or esxcli via the host itself or PowerCLI.. whichever you feel comfortable with. Many people say the end result matters but not the way you do it (GUI/vMA,PCLI,esxcli) but I think the ones you do with any CLI carries more points than the GUI.. I still feel I lost some points by using the GUI for a couple of questions.. Someone can shed some light here??

VMSavvy Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

The vMA appliance exists in the VCAP5-DCA DCA550 exam environment.

Unless the question specifies what tool to use, you can use anything that accomplishes the goal.

0 Kudos