Panic setting in

Hi all

I've got my exam booked for 15th April 2011

I've read the courseware

Troubleshooting

Performance

Security

Powershell

I've practiced and practiced, but head goes blank immediatly, just one quick question, I understand that the documentation is available, is this the case? Also are we talking the PDFs that are included in the Blue print? If this is the case I feel that perhaps panic level may decrease from PL5 (panic level) to perhaps PL2-3

Also congrats to all those fine chaps and chapesses whom have so far passed thier exam I am truely in awe.

Have a good un and good luck to all who are about to sit or are waiting for results.

Bryan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes you do have access to all the regular vSphere documentation during the VCAP-DCA exam, but the general feedback I've heard is that you won't exactly have a lot of time to use it if you want to complete the exam items. Best of luck!

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
balazs_lovas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

However, the docs can be really useful if you know which pdf you should open .)

Allow yourself no more then 2-3 minutes to look things up only per question otherwise you will run out of time.

0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

You have a full system, but this does not mean that your have access to Internet or all PDF documents.

You can use online help of each command.

But take monitored the available time... time run faster...

Andre

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
george_skj
Contributor
Contributor

VMware standard docs are available in the lab desktop for reference. The better way to use it is to search with the keywords in the proper pdf docs. After answering the questions which you already know, go ahead with searching in docs.

George

0 Kudos
bryanoc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi All

Just a quick note to say I passed my VCAP-DCA, , from my experience of the exam the following may be of some help.

Read the question, don't panic, you have documentation available (I did use it). If you have revised using the exam blueprint and you've used the product all should be good in the world. This is a hands on exam so using the product and being happy with the vsphere client and VMA will help massively

Regards

Bryan

Bryan O'Connor QA
0 Kudos