VMware Edu & Cert Community
Gr1m
Contributor
Contributor

Live Lab Problem

What happnes if a ESX or ESXi host stop responding in the middle of your exam?

I had this happen today when I was taking the exam.  I am sure I did not screw anything up during the exam.

Call the in exam administrator who called VMware. VMware said Tough Luck, finsh the exam without the host.

I feel like I got cheated...

Has this happen to anyone eles?

Brian

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

I've got a more strange situation some days ago.

During my DCA exam the first tab (with instruction) has stopped to work (seems that it's a browser page because the typical connection error of MSIE appear). Lab was working fine...

Unfortunately I was only at half of my labs... no way to finish without the instruction on what to do.

The testing center has open a case to VUE... But I still wait for an answer.

Andre

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
Gr1m
Contributor
Contributor

For a exam of this caliber (not to mention it's a live environment) you would thing VMware/Pearson would have better support for issues.

I finshed my exam but could not complete all the questions. The Exam Administrator wrote an incident report with everything that happened.

I will wait to see what happens. But more then likely I will have to re-take the exam. Smiley Sad

Brian

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

For what's its worth, the DCA is a pretty ground breaking exam. Those are live servers you are working on (which explains why the VUE exam admin can't do anything!)

If you have a problem with a lab, (that you think is not your fault) you do have the option of commenting on that question. You need to clearly and concisely explain the problem. If it impacts the rest of your exam, then you need to explain that too. However - if you have, for example, killed your management network, and can no longer gain access to the server, well, that's the end of that server, and you are going to lose points big time. So be careful!

0 Kudos