VMware Edu & Cert Community
mrstorey
Contributor
Contributor

Latest VCAP Numbers

Hi,

Chuffed to have passed my DCD this morning, a little over a year after passing my DCA.

Just wondered - does anyone have an idea of how many people have qualified in each, and how many might have both?

I'm guessing there's a fair few now?

Alex

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vfk
Expert
Expert

Hi Alex,

Only VMware know how many people hold each of their certifications, I don't think these numbers are tracked...but you here is a breakdown of VCDX # http://www.virtualizetips.com/category/vcdx/

vfk

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Congrats on achieving the pair!

VMware don't publish those numbers. I'd guess there are 750-1500 VCAP-DCA holders (on vSphere 4 or 5), and a similar number for VCAP-DCD - it's anybody's guess as to who holds both the DCA and the DCD...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
mrstorey
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I'm struggling to find any solid numbers - shame, it would be nice to see how exclusive these qualifications might (or might not!) be.

0 Kudos
mrstorey
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!  - Ahh ok, no worries.  You know where to find me if you ever happen to find out! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
virtualinstall
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Congrats on the pass!  I've done the DCA and working on the DCD prep, so hope to follow you soon Smiley Happy

0 Kudos