VMware Edu & Cert Community
J3anss0n
Contributor
Contributor

Just took the DCA410 exam....

...so now I guess all I can do is wait for 10 long days to have it scored Smiley Happy

Just a question, has anyone here been instructed in some of the exam tasks to use LUN ID's that were not available in the exam environment? ( I don't want to violate the NDA so I hope that is not saying to much)

Thanks,

Erik

How hard can it be, it's only one's and zero's
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jghartin
Contributor
Contributor

It has been a year since I passed my DCA410. However, I do not remember that question (although that would likely violate NDA if I stated that I did). I would mention to you that if a LUN ID is supposed to be presented and a vmhost cannot see it then I would check lun masking rules (i.e. esxcli corestorage claimrule list) to see if that is being hidden. Just a thought. Good luck.

Cheers,

JGH

JGH - VCP 3/4/5/6, VCAP4/5/6-DCA, VCAP4/5/6-DCD, VCIX6-DCV, MCITP-Ent, yada yada...
0 Kudos
J3anss0n
Contributor
Contributor

jghartin, I did do that but no trace of the missing LUN IDs among the MASK_PATH rules

...anyway it is not a big deal anymore since I just received the score and I passed with a score of 392 😃

How hard can it be, it's only one's and zero's
0 Kudos
chriswahl
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Congrats. That's the fun of a live lab environment, things don't always go as planned. If someone else runs into a live lab DCA issue, you can raise your hand to get the attention of the proctor, and he/she is supposed to contact VMware to get the issue resolved. Or email the certification team.

VCDX #104 (DCV, NV) ஃ WahlNetwork.com ஃ @ChrisWahl ஃ Author, Networking for VMware Administrators
0 Kudos