VMware Edu & Cert Community
jedijeff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just took VCAP-DCA

My experience is the biggest problem is latency. It was unbearable at my testing center!! That being said I thought it was an excellent exam. The questions/tasks were very well written, in terms of it pretty much only requires one read of them to understand exactly what to do. I was very impressed with that. Hats off to the team that did that.

I was wondering what other peoples experience with latency was? Is it normal, or was my testing center just seriously bad? Waiting for screen re-freshses, windows to pull up, etc. Frustrating Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
edutz1014
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any tips or recommendations aside from lab it up and know the blueprint inside and out? Thanks

Ed

0 Kudos
jedijeff
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The blueprint is definitely the way to study. Aside from that it's all about time management. The latency at my center was terrible. so you need to  hit  a question and move on with a quickness. There should be no problem understanding the tasks. They are very well written.  If you are spending too much time on a task , move on. Oh and goto the bathroom before, you won't have time for a break!

0 Kudos
firestartah
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

I wrote up about my experience of the exam and what I personally used and found helpful if you're interested My VCAP5-DCA Experience | TheSaffaGeek

Labbing it up and making sure you can everything as fast as possible in all methods is the main way i think

Gregg

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Gregg http://thesaffageek.co.uk
0 Kudos