VMware Edu & Cert Community
Krenztor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is the 3V0-622 test easier than I'm making it out to be?

I'm three months into studying for the test and am feeling very panicky because I feel like I don't have enough material to study for the test with.  All of the material seems so much more basic than what I would expect for an advanced certification.

From what I understand, all of the drag and drop questions are just testing knowledge of conceptual/logical/physical design, RCAR, AMPRS, and functional vs non-functional requirements.  And the design questions are just about placing hosts, switches, routers, HBAs, NICs, load balancers, storage, etc, and connect everything together.  Having knowledge about the limitations and purposes of different vSphere technologies is used to help determine what the optimal design for an environment is.

I think this is correct but for some reason I feel like there has to be more to this test and I'm going to drop $450 on it only to realize that I missed studying for something.  Am I missing anything or does this seem like a good summary for what VMware is testing for?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Krenztor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Wow, I just read through the entirety of the posts in the link at the bottom of this post and that answered a lot of my concerns.  I feel so, so much better about this test.  My brain is a bit scrambled and I'm tired after going through all of that information but I wanted to share the words below as test advice that I gleamed from that community.  Almost all of these have to do with the Visio design type questions and almost every one of these things was repeated over and over by people who had taken the test and passed.  Hopefully knowing this helps others who are going to be taking the test.  I would also recommend joining into that community as they are very helpful!

--Read through the design questions 3-4 times to make sure you understand what is being asked

--For the Visio designs, place things on the canvas as you see the need for them.  The bottom portion of the question will state how to connect them all together

--If a Visio question is confusing then first place one of everything on the canvas.  Then, read the connection portion and begin connecting things together.  Then, read the Requirements and Constraints and try to figure out how everything goes together

--The last part of the Visio requirements question defines connectivity between objects

--If it isn’t entirely spelled out that two objects should be connected then probably don’t connect them even if you think they should be

--PSP rules are set for the storage array but in the exam design they may need to be set on the host when using conceptual or logical designs

--"Yeah the design questions I worked backwards on a lot.  I would read the question through and pull our requirements / constraints.  Then I would spawn 1 of everything onto the canvas and read the connection rules at the bottom of the question to formulate how they wanted the question to look like.

Then I would build it based off the requirements / constraints.  As the "ask" is sometimes not straight forward.”

--Do not over complicate things.  Read the question and do what it says

--ESXi > HBA > Switch > SP > LUNs > PSP > SATP

--Visio question will either ask you to place multiple hosts or to just place one to represent a large number of them

VCAP6-DCV Design - Google+

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Krenztor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Wow, I just read through the entirety of the posts in the link at the bottom of this post and that answered a lot of my concerns.  I feel so, so much better about this test.  My brain is a bit scrambled and I'm tired after going through all of that information but I wanted to share the words below as test advice that I gleamed from that community.  Almost all of these have to do with the Visio design type questions and almost every one of these things was repeated over and over by people who had taken the test and passed.  Hopefully knowing this helps others who are going to be taking the test.  I would also recommend joining into that community as they are very helpful!

--Read through the design questions 3-4 times to make sure you understand what is being asked

--For the Visio designs, place things on the canvas as you see the need for them.  The bottom portion of the question will state how to connect them all together

--If a Visio question is confusing then first place one of everything on the canvas.  Then, read the connection portion and begin connecting things together.  Then, read the Requirements and Constraints and try to figure out how everything goes together

--The last part of the Visio requirements question defines connectivity between objects

--If it isn’t entirely spelled out that two objects should be connected then probably don’t connect them even if you think they should be

--PSP rules are set for the storage array but in the exam design they may need to be set on the host when using conceptual or logical designs

--"Yeah the design questions I worked backwards on a lot.  I would read the question through and pull our requirements / constraints.  Then I would spawn 1 of everything onto the canvas and read the connection rules at the bottom of the question to formulate how they wanted the question to look like.

Then I would build it based off the requirements / constraints.  As the "ask" is sometimes not straight forward.”

--Do not over complicate things.  Read the question and do what it says

--ESXi > HBA > Switch > SP > LUNs > PSP > SATP

--Visio question will either ask you to place multiple hosts or to just place one to represent a large number of them

VCAP6-DCV Design - Google+

virtualkim
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Feel free to leave a comment after you have taken the test. Both here and in the google+ group.

Good luck, I hope you will pass!

Kim

0 Kudos