VMware Edu & Cert Community
swapd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Extra time

My first language is portuguese but I leave in Canada. Is it possible to get the extra 30 minutes for the exams here? I know that if you are taking the exam in a country where English is not the first language you get it automatically.

Thanks,
Elcio

-- If you find this answer useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful"
0 Kudos
6 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I believe this is a question for VMware - send an email to certification@vmware.com

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
AnthonyChow
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

But be aware that you might not get a quick answer from certification@vmware.com.

I sent an Email to them last Thursday, got a reply saying I will get an answer in 48 hours and now xxx hours had passed still no answer.

Speaking of this, if I have the case number is there a way to track my request with VMware?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Here's a statement in the VCAP4-DCD and VCAP4-DCA blueprints:

Candidates who take the exam in a country where English is not a primary language will have an additional 30 minutes added to the exam time. This time extension is automatic, no additional action is required from the candidate. For the purposes of this exam, countries where English is considered one of the primary lanugages include Australia, New Zealand, Belize, South Africa, Bermuda, the United Kingdom, Canada, the Unites States and Ireland.

So, as you will be taking the exam in Canada you won't get extra time added for the exam. If you were taking it in Portugal you would get the extra time.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
sakibpavel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Definetly it is very good news for the Candidates who take the exam in a country where English is not a  primary language !!!

SakibPavel
0 Kudos
AndreTheGiant
Immortal
Immortal

As written could not be automatically.

But you can try to contact VUE and/or the testing center to see if there is a manual way.

Andrew | http://about.me/amauro | http://vinfrastructure.it/ | @Andrea_Mauro
0 Kudos
swapd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have just got the answer from VMware:

"Hello Elcio,

Languages extensions for exam taken in countries where English is the  primary language are not common and are managed on a case by case basis.   Should you feel you need an extension, you should send an email to certification@vmware.com prior to scheduling an appointment.  You should include:

Current Certifications held
certification number(s)
Exam you wish to take
Test center you would like take it at
Detailed reason explaining need for extension

Note that providing this information does not guarantee that an  extension will be granted, but your request will be reviewed by a  certification manager.

If we haven't completely addressed your concern, please reply to this  email with the subject line intact or call us between 8:00 AM and 5:00  PM Pacific Time Monday through Friday referencing this Case Number and  we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you

VMware WW Certification Advocate"

Thanks,

Elcio

-- If you find this answer useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful"
0 Kudos