VMware Edu & Cert Community
cooladude
Contributor
Contributor

COnfusion over transfer server limits

Hey

The archicture planning guide in the vcap dtd blueprint says the transfer server can theoretically accomodate 60 disk transfers concurrently but only 20 have been tested.

If you look at hte product docs then (which are also part of the blueprint) then it says very clearly that "20 disks is the maximum that a transfer server can support"

more confusion from vmware - which is it ? I would think its 60 in theory (for the exam) but only 20 on a 1gb conneciton

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RickBoyett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You need to go with 20 concurrent transfers for the test.  Documentation specifically says, "The recommended maximum number of concurrent disk transfers that View Transfer Server can support is 20."

VMware Documentation Library

Good luck Smiley Happy

========================================================================= Rick Boyett HP Enterprise Services Infrastructure Modernization (IMOD) VMware VCP 2, 3, 4 VMware VCAP-DCA4
0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Moved to more appropriate forum -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
cooladude
Contributor
Contributor

the 5.1 architecture doc says its 60:-)

0 Kudos
RickBoyett
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The arch doc says "theoretically".  in a design, you don't do "theoretical".. you do recommended..  IMO they just should have left that theoretical part out.  As you said, it's confusing...  the actual documentation link I gave makes no mention of the theoretical limit..

Off to take my exam.. have a good one..

========================================================================= Rick Boyett HP Enterprise Services Infrastructure Modernization (IMOD) VMware VCP 2, 3, 4 VMware VCAP-DCA4
0 Kudos
cooladude
Contributor
Contributor

Good luck

if they me mention 1gb then I'm going to go with 20 but if its a design scenario then ill go for 60 as the network may be 10gb and then would not be constrained to 20

this question was in the vcp and the answer was 60

0 Kudos