VMware Edu & Cert Community
lukeglazebrook
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bizarre request in preparation for the VCAP 5.5 regarding the password

So I can program my finger memory in advance within my lab could someone please share the password/passwords most commonly used in the VCAP-DCA 5.5.  Currently even at work I seem to be instinctively typing in my lab password then having to retype the correct one.  I imagine the same could potentially happen during the exam and I desperately need to reprogram by myself, this tends to happen when I'm trying to do something too quickly.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RyanH84
Expert
Expert

Hi, I don't think that you are allowed to know the lab login credentials as part of the exam is to review the information about the environment and login/administer as necessary.

The environment stays the same once you are in the exam and you can flip back and forth between the questions and environment. Don't worry about the passwords, worry about studying the blueprint and knowing how to perform tasks inside and out! Typing in a password is easy and given to you, knowing how to do  more difficult things such as claim rules, not so much Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Regards, Ryan vExpert, VCP5, VCAP5-DCA, MCITP, VCE-CIAE, NPP4 @vRyanH http://vRyan.co.uk
0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

vmware1! is the password for everything inside the environment.

0 Kudos
roconnor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Luke

Set up your lab with a US English keyboard with the same passwords and names as the environment, check out SOSTech for a description of the lab

I work with Spanish keyboards, what a nightmare, at the test center they said if I tried to change the default keyboard settings I'd break the exam ( didn't need to change the keyboard to do that... ha, ha..)

must have retyped the password a 100 times, combined with latency it was tough, got it the second attempt though

As I said create a lab based on the exam - vm names, passwords, etc...

And get some time on test track demo lab

0 Kudos
JoshuaAndrewsVM

I expect you to set the keyboard to match your location.

0 Kudos
roconnor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Josh

Not quite sure what you mean?

What I wanted to say was, set the lab vms with US keyboard, for example the vMA, host ssh access etc, in the exam it didn't recognize that I had a Spanish keyboard.

I spoke with the invigilator and he gave me a photocopy of the US keyboard, and told me it was best not to try and set the keyboard in the test environment, which frankly made sense to me, it seems its the same for other vendors.

Maybe your right and if I had reset the exam environment keyboard I wouldn't have had any issues

I work in a multi keyboard environment, consoles sessions, login etc, often stay with the set local language in my experience, I just wasn't prepared to risk getting stressed out in the exam because of the keyboard when I could simulate the environment at home and practice

0 Kudos