VMware Edu & Cert Community
shahed_hasib
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

An open letter to VMware education and certification team (R u hear me)

Today was my 2nd attempt to VCAP5-DCD exam & the same problem was repeated as happened before on my 1st attempt.

There were 42 questions on the exam.

the 41th question was the master design question, and I have one hour and 14 minutes remaining. I took 50 minutes to complete the master design. When I proceeded next after completing the design a sudden error occurred. I instantly reported the error to the pearsonvue exam admin. He had to restart the exam on another PC and I found that my design was not saved...and I have only 16 minutes remaining....what a heartbreaking thing....I reported that to the exam admin.he told me to start again..I did it quickly (just placed the objects quickly....) ..and my time was ended...I failed.

I did not imagine why VMware did not resolve this problem...I saw (in blogs) many of the candidates were suffered this problem before and VMware stopped taking this exam at the end of  last year for resolving this issue.

I kept at least 9 questions for later review (3 of those were design questions). I did not do review of those because of this problem.

This is my duty to raise the problem occurred during the exam. now its vmware's responsibility to recheck and confirm the resolution to the candidates.

requesting support from the blog members.

Note:

Many thanks to PMG300 for the valuable time in this blog regarding VCAP exam.

Shahed

from Bangladesh

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JPM300
Commander
Commander

Is it possible to have PearsonVue extend the time by 30min-45min in the event of a crash?  Not saying its the solution or silver bullet to the problem but could possibly help mitigate some frustration?

shahed_hasib
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The same type of design question was crashed in my first attempt of VCAP-DCD on August 27,2014. Till I did not received any official email from pearsonvue or vmware certicifation team against the raised case by the exam administrator of peasonvue on behalf of me.

I cannot decide whether I will wait for their answer or register again for the exam. have anyone suggest me?

0 Kudos
shahed_hasib
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I cannot decide whether I will register again for my 3rd attempt for VCAp-DCD or vmware certification and education team will give me any feedback.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator note: Merging in your comment from a duplicate discussion you have started:

Total 42 question

Design question 7

Master design question 1

drag and drop 34

Option for review (it will be beneficial for the candidates!!!!....if any design exam does not crash!!!!:smileycry:)

I had a very good start. When I answered the 40th question, I had 1 hour and 14 minutes remaining. the 41th question was the master design question. And as the master design question has the highest masks, so I gave my full concentration for getting the full masks from this question. I took 50 minutes to complete the master design question. when I proceeded for next for my last question, an error displayed on the screen. I instantly report that to the peasonvue exam admin, after checking the issue,he had to restart the exam again on another PC. But when the exam restarted I found that it started with a fresh screen with 41th master design question (my 50 minutes design work was gone without saving anything :smileycry:) and I only have 16 minutes remaining. Exam admin requested me to continue the exam, he told me that he will raise a case on-behalf of me at pearsonvue after the exam.

I was totally frustrated at that time , just tried to set the design objects on the design screen and completed 41th and 42nd question and got failed.

during answering the previous questions I marked at least 9 questions for later review, 3 of those were design questions.

Till 40th question, I was very much happy becasue I did well. but last 1 hour and 14 minutes was waiting for frustrating me....Smiley Sad

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can contact the teams by email: education@vmware.com andcertification@vmware.com

I have posted a note internally about this discussion. (I don't work for either team, so can't help directly)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
shahed_hasib
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It does not matter you cannot help directly, but I feel very much happy that someone from VMware here my voice. Thanks a lot sir. I already sent an email to certification@vmware.com yesterday, but did not make a cc to education@vmware.com .

If I could , then I will sit for the exam again today. But as the exam policy does not permit me to sit before 14 days, so I have to wait.

Just one suggestion (pls don't mind), shall I register again for the exam or is there any possibility to re-check my exam by vmware or give me chance to re-take?

Shahed

0 Kudos
shahed_hasib
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

NOT ANY REPLY FROM VMWARE CERTIFICATION AND EDUCATION TEAM. ALREADY PASSED 48 HOURS AFTER SENDING EMAIL.

Hi Team,

If I failed due to my lacking of knowledge , then I must not have any say. But I strongly believe I failed due to the technical problem on the exam for which I was not totally responsible. VMware did not save my 50 minutes master design answer. Pearsonvue exam admin was reported during the problem occurrence and he issued a case on the pearsonvue portal on-behalf of me. But till I did not get any response from pearsonvue. I also sent an email to you (certification@vmware.com) mentioning the issue, but till did not get any response.

I realize that there may have problems in the exam system, but why don't you make any response against my queries. We are investing our valuable time in learning and gaining expertise on your products. We are part of your global workforce. Why don't you treating us. Need your kind and timely attention in solving my problem.

VCAP-DCD was not my first online exam. I appeared and passed at least 12 online exams of Cisco, Microsoft and VMware in my 10 years of professional experience. I clearly remember that there were at least 3 lab questions during my CCNA exam. I am talking about CCNA during year 2006. I don't try to compare between exams, just sharing my experience.

I have stopped achieving other certification except VMware from last 2 years. Because I really love VMware. Doesn't VMware have anything to do for me? Will VMware think what was my fault in the exam?

Regards,

Shahed

0 Kudos