VMware Cloud Community
AmarPatel
Contributor
Contributor

upgrade is not supported from host version 4.1.0 Update 1 Build 348481 to release version 4.1.0 Update 2

Hi All,

I'm trying to upgrade my ESXi 4.1 hosts from update 1 Build 348481 to release version 4.1.0 Update 2 and get the below error message:

"upgrade is not supported from host version 4.1.0 Update 1 Build 348481 to release version 4.1.0 Update 2"

Has anyone seen this? can anyone help?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What is the upgrade bundle name? it should be update-from-esxi4.1-4.1_update02.zip if the upgrade is perfromed by esxupdate.

https://hostupdate.vmware.com/software/VUM/OFFLINE/release-317-20111024-147750/update-from-esxi4.1-4...

a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I guess you created a "Host-Upgrade" baseline instead of a "Host-Patch" baseline. The Host-Upgrade can only be used for version upgrades.

André

AmarPatel
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help and apologies for the delay in posting back. The file we had downloaded was correct and the baseline selection was correct. We had to re-install update manager and it all worked fine... Unfortunately due the urgency of the upgrade we had no choice but to start from basics (which worked) but we don't know what the issue was??? Smiley Sad

once again thank you for your time to both who responded. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos