VMware Cloud Community
patrykosw10
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

[esx 3.5 update 5 build 207095] Need I patch server?

Hi I'm new with vmware, so please forgive me for dummy question.

I installed free version of ESX 3.5. I visited web page with all patches and updates for my server. There was a lot of patches and I'm courius if I have to install all of them? I asking because I don't what to do now?

Start downloading all patches and starting to install or not because my version of esx server is actual.

I will be grateful for any help

Patrick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Welcome!!!
You need check what have of difference of your host Build. Actually the latest Build availabe is Build Number:                               391406. Check all patches up of your build and apply.

Keep up to date is very recommended.

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. 

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Hello and welcome to the Forums.

I assume you are talking about ESXi 3.5, since that is the free hypervisor.

Maye the below will help.

http://www.vm-help.com/esx/esx3i/Patch_3i_without_VC.php

MauroBonder
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Welcome!!!
You need check what have of difference of your host Build. Actually the latest Build availabe is Build Number:                               391406. Check all patches up of your build and apply.

Keep up to date is very recommended.

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. 

Mauro Bonder - Moderator

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers. *Por favor, não esqueça de atribuir os pontos se a resposta foi útil ou resolveu o problema.* Thank you/Obrigado
0 Kudos
patrykosw10
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

First of all, thanks for reply.

Link which you attached explain me a lot of, but I still have problems with update procedure.

I downloaded from site http://www.vmware.com/patchmgr/download.portal two different patch files.

1. ESXe350-201105401-O-SG.zip

2. ESXe350-200911201-O-UG.zip

File number 1 I have downloaded using "Search by Product" I downloaded the newest patch, bacause in my opinion the newest patch file include all previous patches.I'm not sure but size of file shows that could be.

File number 2 I have downloaded using "Search by Release Name...". Using this way of searching I searched patches for my build number.

First of all I don't understand diffrencess between this two search option???

Second question is, how I can install patches?

I chose that I want to install patches with vihostupdate.pl (when I was trying use VIU I have some issues while I was trying add package(error which didn't say me anything) and the same situation while I was instaling automatically).

When I was installing with vihostupdate.pl I also had problems and I really don't know where I doing something wrong.

I'm sure that I dowlnoaded correct patch (for ESXi 3,5)

Below I attach print screen with errors which were dispalyed

vmxxx.jpg

I will be grateful for any help again Smiley Happy

0 Kudos